Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? I just came across this:

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
471 Posts
With the TC LSD this might be a nice addition - sold out though...

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,778 Posts
It says this is a pre-order and to e-mail to get on the pre-order list.

It looks heavy. 😕

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone have one? I just came across this:

Yes, just put it on. Haven't had a chance to do pulls or anything yet. But car does feel a bit tighter, which is always good.

Not heavy at all, maybe a pound or two, at most?

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
541 Posts
Looks pretty simple to make.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
229 Posts
just got mine yesterday. probably won't install until weekend..

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
ok....ok....i give in....just ordered one.
With your subframe collars and now the brace you have on order, you might as well just weld that subframe directly to the body frame and call it a day! :p

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With your subframe collars and now the brace you have on order, you might as well just weld that subframe directly to the body frame and call it a day! :p
The thought crossed my mind! :D

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
To make a long story short, I had my G8 GT suspension upgraded. Shocks, struts, control arm bushings, Sway bar links and rear subframe bushings. They all had an effect on the handling but in that particular car the consensus was the rear subframe bushings had the most effect. They weren't kidding. Corner exit went from squirrel to solidly planted.

I wonder it that mod would have a similar effect?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To make a long story short, I had my G8 GT suspension upgraded. Shocks, struts, control arm bushings, Sway bar links and rear subframe bushings. They all had an effect on the handling but in that particular car the consensus was the rear subframe bushings had the most effect. They weren't kidding. Corner exit went from squirrel to solidly planted.

I wonder it that mod would have a similar effect?
I did subframe bushings. The rear felt "tighter" and less "soggy". I'm really curious about the diff brace as its a big upgrade in the CTSV world.

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
541 Posts
I did subframe bushings. The rear felt "tighter" and less "soggy". I'm really curious about the diff brace as its a big upgrade in the CTSV world.
I'm looking forward to your 60ft testing after you get it installed.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
471 Posts
Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
471 Posts
Just under 1k on the new engine - still, no WOT as I don't trust the "old" Stage 2's without them being inspected. AMS Catted FDP is estimated to ship by EOM - whereas the new Stage 2's have been in the box here at the house for weeks now. Sooo - as soon as AMS gets the FDP here, (hopefully the diff brace will also be here by then) & I will have a few more miles on the engine - my plans are to take a couple of bottles of Motul 75W-90 to swap out the diff fluid and see how the TC LSD has seated in, the Stage 2's, the FDP, a Blackstone Oil Analysis container to see how the new engine oil faired during break-in, and now the diff brace to my Infiniti Service tech. We'll have a grand ole time... :)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hahah sounds like fun! It didnt occur to me you were still running the old stage 2's. Honestly thats a good sign if you arent having any issues with them. Minimal boost obviously, but still good to know.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
995 Posts
hahah sounds like fun! It didnt occur to me you were still running the old stage 2's. Honestly thats a good sign if you arent having any issues with them. Minimal boost obviously, but still good to know.
have you done a Blackstone Oil Analysis on your rear diff since doing the TC lsd yet?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts