Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a q50s RWD andnon hybrid I am wondering how the heck do you fold the rear seats. I have been looking for the straps in the trunk like the manual states, but i cannot find anything.

NVM found the answer, you need deluxe touring package... :(

DELETE thread

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't realize this. Man they really get you if you don't get the upgrades in this car. All I have is the center pass thru.
Yup I honestly thought they all had rear folding seats :(

I also only have the middle opening.

·
Registered
236 Posts
this is a weird option to have on different models...i'm sure it couldnt have changed the production cost by a lot...

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Not to rub salt in a wound but I still get surprised when people buy a car without making sure the options they are expecting are present or, if they aren't, they know about it prior to signing on the line. Sorry that happened to you.

Now to make you feel a little better - the fold down seats are just about useless - especially if you have the spare tire package. The fold down seats were an important option for me but when I actually put them down at the dealership it became instantly evident that not much would fit in that space. My guess is that there is about a 10-12" space from the top of the spare tire floor to the bottom of the top seat opening - it ain't much. It's not like you can get a large suitcase to straddle the back seat and go through the seat opening.

I view the fold down seats as more protection for the back seat leather if you need to put stuff back there so the pressure goes on the seat back instead of your leather. Or, if you need to angle something that might not fit straight through the pass through.

Either way, don't despair, I don't think you are missing out very much without them - which means those with them are picking up the extra production cost for not much benefit.

Others may disagree but that's been my experience so far.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I was actually curious about this. The folding seats don't make or break this car for me, but it is interesting. How do you fold the seats? lol Is it even possible? I have a Premium AWD.

I never really thought about it, just one day thought to myself, "Do the seats fold out?" Then I couldn't find a way to do it, so I figured they didn't. Then I thought I'd try to find out from some Q50 experts (that would be you guys).

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I was actually curious about this. The folding seats don't make or break this car for me, but it is interesting. How do you fold the seats? lol Is it even possible? I have a Premium AWD.

I never really thought about it, just one day thought to myself, "Do the seats fold out?" Then I couldn't find a way to do it, so I figured they didn't. Then I thought I'd try to find out from some Q50 experts (that would be you guys).
Unless you have the Deluxe Touring package or the standalone 60/40 split folding seat option (check window sticker) then you have the pass through behind the center armrest. If you do have one of the above, then there are straps on either side of the top of the trunk you pull to release the seatbacks. Hybrid's have neither the pass-through nor the split folding due to the battery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.