Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, how hard, or how much of a pain in the ass I should say, would it be to switch the rear turn signals bulbs with LEDs instead? It bothers me that they are conventional bulbs when everything else is LED, so what would it take? Is it a simple switch, or is it more complicated than it seems?

I know that no one has really had the opportunity to do anything with the car yet, but just wondering if anyone would have any general knowledge on switching out bulbs in instances like this.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not sure but I have changed my bulbs for my 03 G35 Coupe and it was just a matter of taking out some clips and 3 bolts with a 10mm socket wrench then just twist and pull out the bulb socket and replace!

Not sure how it is on sedans or if it is more complicated on the Q50!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
But I hope its not harder to take out all those clips and screws/bolts though! Well...we'll see! Hopefully someone makes a DIY for it! Certainly looking forward to that! :D

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Would probably need a load resistor on the line too to keep it from blinking fast since LEDs use less power.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO, way too much work for something that is not "on" all the time and you rarely, if ever, see when in use. But if it really bothers you that much, then go for it.
That's why I want to know if it's too much of a pain. If so, I won't even bother. That being said, just about everything on the outside of the car won't be seen by the driver, it's for the other people that will be seeing me:cool:

I always notice when someone has LED blinkers vs. conventional bulbs, just stands out more.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
IMO, way too much work for something that is not "on" all the time and you rarely, if ever, see when in use. But if it really bothers you that much, then go for it.
true!
That's why I want to know if it's too much of a pain. If so, I won't even bother. That being said, just about everything on the outside of the car won't be seen by the driver, it's for the other people that will be seeing me:cool:

I always notice when someone has LED blinkers vs. conventional bulbs, just stands out more.
you will stand out with your Q50 even without led blinker bulb;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.