Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the rotor changed, brakes and even the parking brake hardware changed. The noise is still there.

I found a thread on an other forum for q60 but no solution was given.

Here are videos of the sound its making.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
A history of events regarding the sound and who you had work on it would be nice, but it sounds more like your suspension creaking than the brakes to my ears.
Do you feel any chatter or vibration in the brake pedal when you press the pedal down???
Does it only happen in one direction? Or does it happen regardless if your going backwards or forward?
Has this always happened? Or did it only occur after a change like new wheels?
Are these the same type of pads and rotors you had previously?

Becauset if it is the brakes then it could be the dust shield or brake line is rubbing against something,
Proper lubrication wasn't applied to the pins/slides, or even than the brakes themselves weren't
bedded correctly and have some excess play.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A history of events regarding the sound and who you had work on it would be nice, but it sounds more like your suspension creaking than the brakes to my ears.
Do you feel any chatter or vibration in the brake pedal when you press the pedal down???
Does it only happen in one direction? Or does it happen regardless if your going backwards or forward?
Has this always happened? Or did it only occur after a change like new wheels?
Are these the same type of pads and rotors you had previously?

Becauset if it is the brakes then it could be the dust shield or brake line is rubbing against something,
Proper lubrication wasn't applied to the pins/slides, or even than the brakes themselves weren't
bedded correctly and have some excess play.
I've done all the brake jobs on the car and it been doing it only on one side ever since the new rotor/brake were installed.
Don't feel any vibration in the brake pedal and it happens regardless if going backwards or forward
I had OEM rotor/brakes before and installed these discs More Information for RAYBESTOS 980155PER with these brakes More Information for WAGNER OEX1393

I lubricated pretty much everything that needed to be lubricated installed new guide pins also because i thought that could be the issue.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I've been DIY-ing my brakes for the last decade or so and have not encountered this cracking sound. Since you replaced the rotors, are the caliper bolts properly torqued? Are you using the OEM spreader spring? If not, I would recommend using the OEM one still.

I've also used the same rotors but in front and paired it with infiniti r-spec pads and powerstop pads, no noise with any of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been DIY-ing my brakes for the last decade or so and have not encountered this cracking sound. Since you replaced the rotors, are the caliper bolts properly torqued? Are you using the OEM spreader spring? If not, I would recommend using the OEM one still.

I've also used the same rotors but in front and paired it with infiniti r-spec pads and powerstop pads, no noise with any of them.
Yes still using OEM spreader spring and caliper sliding pins and caliper mounting bolts are torqued.

Maybe it is the suspension. Im getting the car inspected next week as its still under warranty for 1 more month. I guess i will see from there.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Yes still using OEM spreader spring and caliper sliding pins and caliper mounting bolts are torqued.

Maybe it is the suspension. Im getting the car inspected next week as its still under warranty for 1 more month. I guess i will see from there.
Cool, bring it in before the warranty expires. Let us know what they found out.

Reactions: malek03

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Aye do let us know so we can store it somewhere in the back of our heads if it pops up again. XD

Reactions: malek03

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,430 Posts
It sounds like the parking brake may be engaged. But I assume you explored that?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I'm not sure tbh. I changed parking brake hardware and re adjusted the parking brake shoe.
Ok, try this - remove the rear rotors and adjust the parking brake star wheel adjusters so they are as backed-off as far as possible. Then see if the noise still exists. You may not have a functioning parking brake, but at least you'll know if it has anything to do with the noise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after inspection from the dealership they told me that noise was due to the rear axle.

"Axles are clicking, need to lube and re torque" they want 364.90+tx for that job

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,666 Posts
So after inspection from the dealership they told me that noise was due to the rear axle.

"Axles are clicking, need to lube and re torque" they want 364.90+tx for that job
Meaning where the axle splines enter the diff and slide in and out as the wheel moves up and down through the suspension travel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meaning where the axle splines enter the diff and slide in and out as the wheel moves up and down through the suspension travel?
Not sure tbh. What's written on the inspection paper is that they need to be lubricated, adjusted and re torqued and its not covered under warranty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts