Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I just got the Q50 yesterday night. Didn't do all the meticulous check before I drove from the parking lot of the dealership, as it was very dark at night.

Found couple of issues.
1. Rear Seat stitching is not right on to both seats.
-- Is it normal or not normal. Any o
2. Passenger side rear door doesn't open from Inside.

Anyone has any advice?

Thanks,

Manu.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Make sure the child lock on the door is in the open position and it will open from the inside.;
That was it. The child lock fixed it. Actually the Dealership called me just now to explain it too.

The stitching is normal. This is where you can access the child seat latch restraint anchors (note the small plastic circles just above that illustrate this).
Thanks for the confirmation; it just felt weird. But since it was on both seat, I thought it would be by design too maybe.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The stitching doesn't look normal to me. I had child seat in my car and mine doesn't look like that at all. Take it back to the dealer and have them check if I were you.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
No way in the world that is normal. There should be no gaps at all - just a normal seam. If they try to convince you that is normal, ask to look at other Q50s.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It's normal. My seats looks exactly like that.
Did it ever occur to you that your seats might be defective as well?

Ours doesn't look anything like that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi.

I just got the Q50 yesterday night. Didn't do all the meticulous check before I drove from the parking lot of the dealership, as it was very dark at night.

Found couple of issues.
1. Rear Seat stitching is not right on to both seats.
-- Is it normal or not normal. Any o
2. Passenger side rear door doesn't open from Inside.

Anyone has any advice?

Thanks,

Manu.
Mine do not look like that all. It looks like a manufacturing defect. I would take it back to the dealer and ask them to repair. Also might look at other cars with your exact model type and options to compare to when at the dealer

Orrin

·
Registered
106 Posts
My seats are the same. I think it has something to do with the seat folding down.I have a loaded gasser. Do the hybrid seats fold?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did contact the dealer and he did check other cars and said it was normal and it is meant for child seat.

At first I thought it might be defect or by design for folding seats. Oh well.

I will take to the dealership next time, to see if they can somehow make it look nicer. I am not planning to use child seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.