Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2018 Q50S with every option, from what the Stealership told me. No dealer installed carbon accessory package. My issue is what color rear spoiler do I put on the deck lid ? Stick with the factory K23 Liquid Platinum color or match the color around the rear diffuser,
front spoiler and driving light dark metalic finish or pop the extra $$ for a carbon fiber rear spoiler. Any opinions would be appreciated. Or photos of the K23 color. I will probably use the OEM style or similar spoiler.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
If the choice is no spoiler or drill holes in the deck lid, my vote is no spoiler. I don't care what color so much, but body color is what I would prefer.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'd do the K23 colored spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,851 Posts
If drilling holes is a big deal, I believe all or most of the CF spoilers are double stick tape (if you like CF).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Infiniti does have a carbon fiber spoiler. They don't know what there talking about. I even got a loaner vehicle Q50 from my dealership that had one. Here is the Infiniti carbon fiber spoiler part number T99J1-J5000. The carbon fiber is going to look the best on your liquid platinum color. Also here is the link as well.They also have the one that matches your color for alot cheaper and I mean alot cheaper. https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/parts/infiniti-accessories_rear_spoiler_q5-999j1j3k23.html - Liquid Platinum https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/parts/infiniti-accessories_carbon_fiber_rear_deck_spoiler-t99j1j5000.html - Carbon Fiber

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,599 Posts
The Infiniti spoiler is way too much, and you need to drill holes, there are alot of aftermarket ones, use the two sided tape, I got lucky with my spoiler payed $80 US.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,994 Posts
I bought a color-matched spoiler that mounts with 3M tape. Paint matched perfectly and it's still firmly attached after a couple years. I think it was from Spoiler Express and cost $89 unpainted and $129 color-matched.

Reactions: olpz79

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wrap it liquid purple

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I definitely don't want to drill. Sticking with the factory color is never a miss. I bought a rear spoiler from Spoiler King the M-Sport BMW. The fit was absolutely perfect but the Estoril Blue was off a bit from the factory color. And I know this silver is gonna be difficult to get it right. My front bumper to front fender from the factory don't match. Ebay is full of spoilers for this car. Is there anyone to stay away from or a proven go to company ?

Thank you for the input.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,994 Posts
The KAD (Graphite Shadow) paint on my SpoilerExpress spoiler is spot on but I can't vouch for their K23.

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,599 Posts
I definitely don't want to drill. Sticking with the factory color is never a miss. I bought a rear spoiler from Spoiler King the M-Sport BMW. The fit was absolutely perfect but the Estoril Blue was off a bit from the factory color. And I know this silver is gonna be difficult to get it right. My front bumper to front fender from the factory don't match. Ebay is full of spoilers for this car. Is there anyone to stay away from or a proven go to company ?

Thank you for the input.
Sorry to tell you that Spoiler King does not carry Spoilers for the Q50, I've also ordered from them in the past, their prices are good and they do match the right paint color.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
My front bumper to front fender from the factory don't match.
A number of colors and or manufacturers have this issue. I have read in more than one place that is is allegedly from the plasticizer that is added to the paint for the bumper so that it can flex without cracking.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Check out those front tires!

Reminds me of the time my upper shockmount broke through the rusted out A-frame. The front right tire looked like one in the picture above, but was a 2 wheel drive Dodge truck.

600 miles from home. 2 tires wore out but, still cheaper than a tow.

The steering was crazy bad. It clunked as the top of the front shock moved from side to side in the 4" diameter hole in the A-frame.

I also replaced the driver's side A-frame after seeing how badly it was rusted around the top of the shock. Water puddled there causing the rusting.

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
Check out those front tires!

Reminds me of the time my upper shockmount broke through the rusted out A-frame. The front right tire looked like one in the picture above, but was a 2 wheel drive Dodge truck.

600 miles from home. 2 tires wore out but, still cheaper than a tow.

The steering was crazy bad. It clunked as the top of the front shock moved from side to side in the 4" diameter hole in the A-frame.

I also replaced the driver's side A-frame after seeing how badly it was rusted around the top of the shock. Water puddled there causing the rusting.

Reminds me of Herbie after Thorndyke dumped Irish Coffee in his gas tank! Skip to 2:25+

Reactions: JohnInNH
1 - 20 of 25 Posts