Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has or knows how to replace the rear turn blinkers?

I see a rubber cap covering the light bulb and dont know how to remove it.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
The one for the maxima is kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Except for the glove box and rear turn signals, my car is completely LED. If an easy mod or kit comes out to do the conversion, I will consider it, other wise I will leave things as is - not worth the effort for me.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same here... Im all LED for except the rear turns. I went to undo them but it has like a rubber grommet/cover and have no clue how to remove it so I can access the bulb itself

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Reactions: druhoops and nadir

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just don't get the big deal over rings.

Now, if they spun, or were sequential (need 3), that might be something.
Its not just the rings....

Youre completely ridding the car of halogen-ness.

Why is it that Infiniti makes the entire taillight assembly LED, EXCEPT for the signals? Makes zero sense.

This mod would essentially make the "eye-lines" of the taillights blink as the turn signal and you can more or less take the halogen bulb out and smash it on the floor if you want.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was told by a technician at Sawgrass Infiniti, u have to remove the whole light assembly. I just gave up. I have some triton v3 led for the rear turn signals but I dont know how to get to the bulbs. Ive had them for over a month now. It was so much easier to change the bulbs in my g37.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that sucks. I can get to the bulb area but the rubber grommet over won't let me access the bulb itself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uh oh! I just purchased a Q50 tonight (non sport, Graphite Shadow/Graphite; Technology Package) and I also hated the non-LED rear indicator. The fact that it is red (not amber) just adds insult in injury, but I figured I could get over that as long as I could make it LED. Now, assuming we will soon figure out a way to access the bulb, once replacing it with an LED, what else needs to be done to insure that it does not error blink (blink at twice the rate). I don't want it looking like a 94 civic. Any help would be great! Thanks!

And I have no spent any time trying to take it apart to know what grommet you are talking about for the cover.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Uh oh! I just purchased a Q50 tonight (non sport, Graphite Shadow/Graphite; Technology Package) and I also hated the non-LED rear indicator. The fact that it is red (not amber) just adds insult in injury, but I figured I could get over that as long as I could make it LED. Now, assuming we will soon figure out a way to access the bulb, once replacing it with an LED, what else needs to be done to insure that it does not error blink (blink at twice the rate). I don't want it looking like a 94 civic. Any help would be great! Thanks!

And I have no spent any time trying to take it apart to know what grommet you are talking about for the cover.
You need a load resistor. Either a 3ohm or a 6ohm ...Im not too sure which one

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told by a technician at Sawgrass Infiniti, u have to remove the whole light assembly. I just gave up. I have some triton v3 led for the rear turn signals but I dont know how to get to the bulbs. Ive had them for over a month now. It was so much easier to change the bulbs in my g37.
Do these triton v3 LED units keep the same blinking pattern, or does it leave an error code?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.