Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, looking for some feedback / comparison to your Q50 or Q50S.
I picked up my car two weeks ago and noticed yesterday that above both rear wheels, there is no plastic like material above the wheels like the front. The material above the tires is fabric. I am located in Canada. Do your vehicles have anything similar? I took it to the dealer and they showed me their other Q50s have the same fabric behind their wheels (RWD and AWD). It seems to me this is a big time design flaw, especially once winter comes around. Any feedback would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I thought I saw some Q50 winter testing pictures out a while ago, infiniti is usually good with this stuff, I would assume that they did optimize the wheel well area to do what it's suppose to do in winter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is true, however my concern is that they didn't install the two parts.
I already had to go to the dealer not only for this issue but another as well. The rubber on the outside of one of the rear windows came off....

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
That's the way it is supposed to be. It is plastic, just more fabric-like feel. It definitely serves to deaden tire noise. My only concern is whether snow/ice is going to stick to it like crazy. We'll see soon.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
This would suck if its a PITA to clean in the winter. I wouldn't want snow and dirt grabbing on to the wheel well "fabric"

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Have had it on my wife's RX 350 for years and it's for sound deadening - helps a lot. Had some pretty bad winters here and never had a problem with it. Probably rubber backed similar to outdoor carpeting that people put on patios, etc.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
im not planning to take it out when they start throwing salt on the road in the winter, however im in vancouver, it snows like 7 days out of a year and 99% of the people are convinced they need AWD for some reason.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
im not planning to take it out when they start throwing salt on the road in the winter, however im in vancouver, it snows like 7 days out of a year and 99% of the people are convinced they need AWD for some reason.
no need to take the liners out, oh yeah so your are the one without AWD:>!~:p good call, Vancouver's climate is mild compared to rest of Canada.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I picked up my car two weeks ago and noticed yesterday that above both rear wheels, there is no plastic like material above the wheels like the front. The material above the tires is fabric. I am located in Canada. Do your vehicles have anything similar?
A quick walk through my shop shows every car newer than 2006 has that fabric feeling material in the rear wheel wells.

I do not suspect anything was left off of your car :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
no need to take the liners out, oh yeah so your are the one without AWD:>!~:p good call, Vancouver's climate is mild compared to rest of Canada.
exactly why i bought the RWD, not worth the extra weight and price in my opinion, however the rest of vancouver thinks differently

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.