Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the Fast Intensions resonated CBE for my 2015 Q50. Very excited, definitely think I made the right choice. Wondering if anyone has ordered an exhaust from them since the start of the pandemic and what your wait times were like?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
Just bought the Fast Intensions resonated CBE for my 2015 Q50. Very excited, definitely think I made the right choice. Wondering if anyone has ordered an exhaust from them since the start of the pandemic and what your wait times were like?
Currently, FI states 20-22 weeks lead time on CBE orders.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,266 Posts
IIRC they said 16-18 when i ordered a year ago around oct 2020, it shipped out on the very last day of the 18th week. Chances are times have not improved since.
If lead time is 20-22 currently, I would plan on it shipping out on week 22.

Reactions: PNWQ50RS

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Time.
Quality.
Money.

Pick 2.

Reactions: Pl8inum23

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
82 Posts
When I ordered mine last month, Kevin told me there is a chance the wait times could come down a bit over the winter as they were trying to ramp up production, but even if it comes down, it wont come down much. I am just over 4 weeks...can't wait!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Today is the start of the 8th week for mine

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
82 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
What configuration did you get? Did you also order the LDP?
Yes I got LDP as well, I originally ordered the Q50 non resonated 10 inch sport mufflers. But I sold my Q50, gave Kevin a call and had my order swapped over to a Q60(non resonated,10inch muffler). Placed order August 20th and called him about a month ago. The upgrade to carbon fiber mufflers was very tempting but then I was like I won’t even see it unless the cars on a lift lol. Same price, maybe mine will come sooner then Q50? Since I assume the Q60 is ordered less. Maybe just wishful thinking :)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
82 Posts
I got the 10 in sport mufflers as well, but went with the resonated X. I didn't even know CF mufflers were an option, but agree, probably not worth $300, and they are only available on the 14 in. After going to the website just now I see its only available on the Q60, wonder why that is?

I would have been interested in CF tips though, if that was an option...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got the 10 in sport mufflers as well, but went with the resonated X. I didn't even know CF mufflers were an option, but agree, probably not worth $300, and they are only available on the 14 in. After going to the website just now I see its only available on the Q60, wonder why that is?

I would have been interested in CF tips though, if that was an option...
Definitely would have gotten CF tips if it was an option. I went with the polished tips, not a big fan of the burnt tips. I think I should have gotten the resonator. I went from a luxe to RS the RS stock exhaust honestly sounds pretty nice IMO.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
82 Posts
I went with the resonator to help keep interior noise down. As far as the RS stock exhaust, I feel like its way too quiet. I currently have non-res LDPs with the stock exhaust and still feel like its pretty much silent.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went with the resonator to help keep interior noise down. As far as the RS stock exhaust, I feel like its way too quiet. I currently have non-res LDPs with the stock exhaust and still feel like its pretty much silent.
It’s silent but when you get on the throttle it has a nice aggressive sound to it IMO. If you aren’t pushing the car it sounds like **** I agree. But whenever I’m on the phone in my car the person always hears my exhaust if I give it some gas. I imagine the LDP with stock CBE wouldn’t have much effect as you still have some cats and that big ass muffler

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I went from a luxe to RS the RS stock exhaust honestly sounds pretty nice IMO.
Do you still have the fake noise (ASC) turned on? If so, it can give you a false sense that the stock exhaust "pretty nice", even on the Red Sports...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you still have the fake noise (ASC) turned on? If so, it can give you a false sense that the stock exhaust "pretty nice", even on the Red Sports...
Honestly I was in the audio settings the other day and there was an “cabin volume” or something along the lines of that that was on. In my head I thought it might be making fake or amplify the exhaust noise. Is that it?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Honestly I was in the audio settings the other day and there was an “cabin volume” or something along the lines of that that was on. In my head I thought it might be making fake or amplify the exhaust noise. Is that it?
No, here ya go:

·
Premium Member
18 RS Q50 RWD
233 Posts
my second choice. but only because they’re wimpy looking and I was afraid they’d show up just in time for the smoke

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts
Time.
Quality.
Money.

Pick 2.
Ummmmmm, but with the FI CB, you only get one! Quality. 🤣

Pick the Invidia Gemini and you get all three (if in stock), or at least two (if not in stock). Likely not in stock, I know.

The Greddy is pretty good too.

Reactions: SocaliridiumQ50RS

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Ummmmmm, but with the FI CB, you only get one! Quality. 🤣

Pick the Invidia Gemini and you get all three (if in stock), or at least two (if not in stock). Likely not in stock, I know.

The Greddy is pretty good too.
The FI is a true dual 2.5" dia pipe CBE w/"X" pipe for scavenging.

The smaller Invidia is 2.36" (60 mm) dia pipe, and the Greddy uses a Y-pipe. Funny - Greddy says "TBD" for horsepower & weight on their website - still?

Close, but close only counts in hand grenades... ;)

You didn't mention AAM:

https://www.aamcompetition.com/shop...-adjustable-exhaust-system-44357#attr=165,163

Oh wait, it's 3" diam and $1500 more! LOL

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts
The FI is a true dual 2.5" dia pipe CBE w/"X" pipe for scavenging.

The smaller Invidia is 2.36" (60 mm) dia pipe, and the Greddy uses a Y-pipe. Funny - Greddy says "TBD" for horsepower & weight on their website - still?

Close, but close only counts in hand grenades... ;)

You didn't mention AAM:

https://www.aamcompetition.com/shop...-adjustable-exhaust-system-44357#attr=165,163

Oh wait, it's 3" diam and $1500 more! LOL

$2800???? Holy F!

Make that $2900 if you want burnt tips.

And no resonators!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts