Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
No, here ya go:

I turned it off, honestly doesn’t sound much different maybe cuz I don’t have music playing? Idk.. does it only kick in if you have the volume turned on? Ie. the radio off?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I turned it off, honestly doesn’t sound much different maybe cuz I don’t have music playing? Idk.. does it only kick in if you have the volume turned on? Ie. the radio off?
@IridiumRS400 ok I take that back, I sound like a vacuum cleaner now. I think I will leave the fake noise on until my CBE gets here LOL

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you don't want your order and the $500 cancel fee bothers you, order a different system then just sell the FI System at cost or tack a few extra dollars to it. It will sell in a week easy. There is a reason people are willing to wait. The FI Exhausts are obviously worth the wait.

FI is upfront about the lengthy lead time.

And they do have an inhouse mandrel forming machine.
I was planning for it to come in and i will list it locally. I can even help install it for the new owner since i have a lift at my property.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
I was planning for it to come in and i will list it locally.
Not to mimic one famous TinMan on this forum, but it would a huuuuge help if we knew what "local" is to you.

In other words, having your profile with location info and a signature listing year, trim level, mods, etc., helps us help you. :geek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to mimic one famous TinMan on this forum, but it would a huuuuge help if we knew what "local" is to you.

In other words, having your profile with location info and a signature listing year, trim level, mods, etc., helps us help you. :geek:
Lol I am the same guy from the q60 forum. Will update the info.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
107 Posts

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts
Looks LOUD. For a car making over 450 HP it would be a good choice. I have to say after putting 2000 miles on my GT-R I miss the quieter FI exhaust of my Q. This with the addition of 14" mufflers like the FI system would be very nice.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,259 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks LOUD. For a car making over 450 HP it would be a good choice. I have to say after putting 2000 miles on my GT-R I miss the quieter FI exhaust of my Q. This with the addition of 14" mufflers like the FI system would be very nice.
3.5 inches! Good lord, by the time I was done choosing my options, I was at $2300!
I agree, no need for 3"+ exhaust on stock turbos. And same haha its $2200 give or take for the spec I wanted with mufflers, resonators, and burnt tips

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
2095 without shipping. Lol No Thanks
It says Free shipping at the top of the option drop down menus

Further an FI exhaust is not exactly cheap either, came out to $1,968 with shipping(w/o tax) which for me a comparable setup(resonators/mufflers/tips) from HBP is $1995/$2195(w/o tax) for 3"/3.5"
They are pretty close in price, maybe HBP is $1-200 more depending on the options you go with

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,268 Posts
It says Free shipping at the top of the option drop down menus

Further an FI exhaust is not exactly cheap either, came out to $1,968 with shipping(w/o tax) which for me a comparable setup(resonators/mufflers/tips) from HBP is $1995/$2195(w/o tax) for 3"/3.5"
They are pretty close in price, maybe HBP is $1-200 more depending on the options you go with
Does HBP even have tax?
Seems like a solid option especially if lead time is half of FI or better.

·
Registered
Vancouver, WA
84 Posts
Ordered mine Feb 10th and arrived May 12th. Sounds great!

·
Registered
Vancouver, WA
84 Posts
Here is a clip of the progression of bolt ons with some revs at the end. IMO sounds great!

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe | Obsidian Black
109 Posts
I ordered mine back in June 10th, with a poll asking people which exhausts sound best.

I just got a call from Kevin today that my exhaust is ready and scheduled for installation next week Wednesday. When I ordered mine it was 16-18 weeks of waiting and ETA was between Oct 15 - Oct 29. I was 2 days early from their ETA.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Ordered mine Feb 10th and arrived May 12th. Sounds great!
Next up, dyno run! I had my '17 Q60S AWD dyon'd at Drift Office in Auburn, where it put down 437 WHP & 502 WTQ on 93 pump gas in October 2018.

• Haha
Reactions: PNWQ50RS

·
Registered
Vancouver, WA
84 Posts
Next up, dyno run! I had my '17 Q60S AWD dyon'd at Drift Office in Auburn, where it put down 437 WHP & 502 WTQ on 93 pump gas in October 2018.
haha, that is on my mind.. I would like to hit the tires and wheels first.

On a side note, I was at Infiniti today to have them listen to the infamous squeal, luckily covered under warranty. They did the belt, tightened the tensioner, and found a rear axle seal leak, all under warranty (‘16 w/18k). They won’t use my gates belt but whatever it’s free.

Was chatting with the service manager while waiting and commented on the 21s not being much of an upgrade and thinking about waiting another year or two. He mentioned that he was told the Q50/Q60 are being discontinued, first I have heard of that… Maybe it is time to pony up for the GTR.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe | Obsidian Black
109 Posts
Reactions: PNWQ50RS

·
Registered
Vancouver, WA
84 Posts
Agreed, super happy I decided to get them. I was on the fence, but after installing I wouldn’t go back. Thanks btw!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts