Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new Q50 or 335i xdrive once my lease runs on my G37x in a few months. For those that have driven the Q50, how does it compare in terms of road/wind/engine noise to the late model Gs? I love my G, but one of its drawbacks, I think, is that it's a little rough around the edges. How does the Q50 compare to the bmw 335i in this regard? I found the 335i to be a bit more polished than my G.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Big improvment. On par now with the comfort and quiteness of the IS, but still sporty enough to tackle the 335i. I felt the Q50 was a better ride than the 2013 328i sport they brought to compair. Defeinlty drive it and then see which on you like better. In the end its what you like and fits your need.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm looking to buy a new Q50 or 335i xdrive once my lease runs on my G37x in a few months. For those that have driven the Q50, how does it compare in terms of road/wind/engine noise to the late model Gs? I love my G, but one of its drawbacks, I think, is that it's a little rough around the edges. How does the Q50 compare to the bmw 335i in this regard? I found the 335i to be a bit more polished than my G.
My thoughts here: http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-q50-general-discussion-forum/2337-test-drive-too.html

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Last week I drove a Q50S AWD back-to-back with a 328i X-drive. I won't compare acceleration since that's not really fair, but here's some comparison.

BMW has mushy brakes, crappy back seat, hard-to-use navi system and is noisy compared to Q50.

Q50 brakes are no comparison. Ride is much smoother, yet there's no body roll/lean through fast corners. I prefer the seats on the Q50. Also one annoying thing in the BMW - you can't adjust the seatbelt anchors for height. Not a huge deal, but I hate when the belt rubs my shoulder the wrong way.

The whole thing where the BMW shuts itself down to save gas is super annoying. It shuts down the AC when it does that - which really sucks on a hot day. Plus, I found the 8 speed tranny was constantly shifting gears (and you could feel it) to lower RPMs and save gas. Tranny on the Q50 is much, much smoother and nicer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, everyone, for your observations. It seems that I won't be able to test drive one for awhile anyway based on what people have said on other threads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my Q50 AWD Hybrid for about a month now and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in the amount of wind noise. Over 70 MPH the wind noise becomes very noticeable. Disappointing for a car that can cost up to 55k!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've had mine for a month and wind noise is virtually non existant. Quiet and comfortable cabin.

As far as the 3 Series goes, its a chicks car. I know some of you wont agree with that but I've owned 2 BMW's in the past. a 5 and 7, never would I buy a 3. I actually traded in my 5 Series for the Q50 and very pleased with my decision.

Sidenote: Went for a drive today (50km round trip) saw over 20 3 Series like sheep it made me laugh. Still havent seen another Q. To be fair they just came out and I do expect to see a fair number of them on the road next year but this car has style & substance...would take it over a fully loaded/tuned 3 Series any day of the week.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I've had my Q50 AWD Hybrid for about a month now and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in the amount of wind noise. Over 70 MPH the wind noise becomes very noticeable. Disappointing for a car that can cost up to 55k!
you need to get that checked out. the Q50 should be pretty quiet.

It could be something on the exterior not fitting right that is causing the noise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.