Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
View attachment 100606

Going from sea level @ 21% O2 up to Denver, CO @ 5280 feet drops the O2 down to about 11%. So about half the oxygen is available. More boost would be required to achieve the same amount of oxygen charge to the engine.
Not to quibble with your otherwise excellent chart/analysis, but this chart is in meters. Denver sits at around 1600 meters above MSL. Thus, the atmospheric oxygen content is around 17%.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,244 Posts
Not to quibble with your otherwise excellent chart/analysis, but this chart is in meters. Denver sits at around 1600 meters above MSL. Thus, the atmospheric oxygen content is around 17%.
Yeah, you should quibble. That's what I get for posting without my glasses on.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,277 Posts
I thought 11% oxygen seemed a little low, but I figured that's probably correct now with all the weed smoke in the air.

• Haha
Reactions: RaceCar and rpiotro

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,244 Posts
I'm at sea level, wtf do I care?

Reactions: rpiotro and Pillboy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just saying… I only bought a used INFINITI qx60 because they depreciate the most so got an awesome car, well cared for, low mileage for the year, for a steal. I’ve been putting regular 87 gas into it for over a year since I CANT afford premium and it hasn’t blown up yet. I’m a fairly heavy footed driver and used it on a cross country road trip, daily commute to work includes 20 mins on freeway clipping along.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,027 Posts
If the QX-60 has a naturally aspirated engine, you can probably get away with it. Car can pull enough timing to compensate....forced induction cars will struggle against knock at full throttle on low octane fuel.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Signature Edition
943 Posts
Just saying… I only bought a used INFINITI qx60 because they depreciate the most so got an awesome car, well cared for, low mileage for the year, for a steal. I’ve been putting regular 87 gas into it for over a year since I CANT afford premium and it hasn’t blown up yet. I’m a fairly heavy footed driver and used it on a cross country road trip, daily commute to work includes 20 mins on freeway clipping along.
If you can't afford premium gas, you are living above you means with the QX60 and should downgrade. You're one medical issue/car breakdown/unexpected bill from being in shambles.

Premium gas typically costs 50 cents more per gallon than regular. If you pump a full 18 gallons each time, that's $9 extra. If you fill up once a week that's $36 a month, 9*52 = $468. If you don't have under $500 of flexibility over the course of one year, you're actually already in shambles

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,244 Posts
If you can't afford premium gas, you are living above you means with the QX60 and should downgrade. You're one medical issue/car breakdown/unexpected bill from being in shambles.

Premium gas typically costs 50 cents more per gallon than regular. If you pump a full 18 gallons each time, that's $9 extra. If you fill up once a week that's $36 a month, 9*52 = $468. If you don't have under $500 of flexibility over the course of one year, you're actually already in shambles
Today in Newport, regular is $5.29. Premium is $5.53.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,277 Posts
93 octane at BP was $5.19 a gallon when I filled the Escape (with 87) last night.

·
Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,728 Posts
Here, 87=$2.09, 91=2.28, 93=$2.38 a litre. $6.80 U.S.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
875 Posts
In NTX:

93 @ Costco is currently $4.95
E85 @ Valero is currently $4.39

81 - 91 of 91 Posts