Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi last week I purchased a 2016 q50 3.0tt premium in excellent condition with 105,000 (almost all highway miles, w/ no accidents and no aftermarket add ons) I was curious if anyone knows what I can expect with maintenance and common repairs if I plan on keeping it to 150k or maybe even 200k. Thanks, and any info is appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm stoked you found one running and looking great that has 105k miles on it. My certified used 2018 had 6k on it (was a corp executive driven vehicle) ...I purchased the extended warranty to 120k miles in order to be warranty covered while paying it off and hoping it lasts many thousands of miles beyond that. Realistically turbos go out so I'm expecting that some day (hopefully before the warranty runs out) but seems others with an '18 and beyond are having very few issues.
Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hi last week I purchased a 2016 q50 3.0tt premium in excellent condition with 105,000 (almost all highway miles, w/ no accidents and no aftermarket add ons) I was curious if anyone knows what I can expect with maintenance and common repairs if I plan on keeping it to 150k or maybe even 200k. Thanks, and any info is appreciated
Most people lease these cars and as such it's rare we have any forum members frequently reporting in with how the cars perform above 50-60K miles.
So you are honestly in rather uncharted territory, so I'd have to ask you keep a close eye on the car and keep us posted.

In terms of maintenance stick to the recommendations within the owners manual and enjoy the car, I would recommend you swap
to a 5W30 oil over a 0w20 oil however as these motors tend to run hot and have the oil changed in shorter intervals (5,500-6000 miles).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I can understand the paranoia a bit, but there is nothing to make one think these cars and engines would have any problems reaching 200k+ miles. If the owner follows the maintenance requirements and stays on top of the repairs that come up, then it should be a non-issue.

Modern cars today are designed to be very reliable for well beyond 100k miles. Regular maintenance is the key.

·
Registered
373 Posts
73k miles here.

Since you’re at the 105k mark, just make sure your car has gotten its basic maintenance items completed, either recently or will be completed. Oil and oil filter, intake air filter, brake fluid, brake pads, transmission fluid, differential fluid, spark plugs, etc.

Let us know how it’s been going when you hit the 150k mark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry doubling up, the service history also shows my turbos have never been replaced or serviced. From what I’ve read on here I’ve seen that they usually get replaced around 50k, but that seems kind of low to me. Since I’m at 105k Is that something I should be worried about? Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Maybe. Maybe not. At 73k, I haven’t had to replace my turbos. My dealership did replace both turbo inlet gaskets and a bunch of other gaskets and seals when they were chasing down an oil leak that was under warranty at 70k miles.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Sorry doubling up, the service history also shows my turbos have never been replaced or serviced. From what I’ve read on here I’ve seen that they usually get replaced around 50k, but that seems kind of low to me. Since I’m at 105k Is that something I should be worried about? Thanks
It's something to keep in mind for sure given your model year, on a positive note very few have actual encountered major drive-ability issues and Infiniti is very likely to issue a recall or extended warranty at some point given the number of cars reporting the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's something to keep in mind for sure given your model year, on a positive note very few have actual encountered major drive-ability issues and Infiniti is very likely to issue a recall or extended warranty at some point given the number of cars reporting the issue.
definitely will stay on top of it. Do you know if there were any changes in regards to engine in newer models?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
definitely will stay on top of it. Do you know if there were any changes in regards to engine in newer models?
It looks like there were some minor changes but nissan typically won't provide new details for such. One obvious change from 2016 was the addition of fuel damper.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Only issue i can see is you might gotta worry about that Carbon build up from direct injection. But if the car is stock I don't think there would be any issue.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
As per q50adix post it's rare we hear of any changes between model years of a car, it pretty much comes down to forum members
to keep an eye out for when part numbers are replaced in catalogs.

In terms of the engine the accessory belt and turbo's were changed but beyond that I'm not sure
what other differences there are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my 2018 Q50 just rolled over 50k miles. Had it about a month and just last week heard the dreaded belt squeal. going to have it changed this week as with a oil change. Shouldn't be a problem . With 105k miles I would take a look at the belt and tensioner pulley. Good luck !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts