Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first saw the leaked images of the new Q50, I was so horrified and disapointed.! I thought it was ugly and too much of a change...but it slowly grew on me and now I can't get enough of it! I guess it just goes to show how the human mind works when big changes are introduced...reluctant to change at first but then you see how great it is...just curious if others had that same initial reaction on the q50 or if you've loved it from the first seconds...for me, it took about a week :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
When I first saw the leaked images of the new Q50, I was so horrified and disapointed.! I thought it was ugly and too much of a change...but it slowly grew on me and now I can't get enough of it! I guess it just goes to show how the human mind works when big changes are introduced...reluctant to change at first but then you see how great it is...just curious if others had that same initial reaction on the q50 or if you've loved it from the first seconds...for me, it took about a week :)
For me I was instantly curious from the initial teasers for the headlights! I kinda derailed for a while and checked out the Mercedes CLA and kinda saw the Q50 again around the time of the Geneva Auto Show and thought that the Q50 had the best looks in all angles amongst all of the new cars for 2014! Was kinda dissapointed by the grille since it reminded me of the Gialla Grille for the G35 and like the bars running accross the previous versions over the mesh grille the Q50 offered but in time it warmed up to me! Was dissapointed by the wheels, since it wasnt my cup of tea, but when I saw it in person, it seemed fine but i am still planning on putting in aftermarket wheels!

Overall, the Q50 seemed to offer the best bang for the buck in terms of power, fuel economy, looks, etc. and so I made this my choice and my first brand new car! :D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I really liked it from the start. The back end could use a little oomph but other than that O think they did a good job without turning too many people off.

I've been following forums for a while since the Q was announced and it's been amusing to see so many negative reactions to both the Q and the whole Infiniti renaming thing. People are naturally resistant to change, especially if they have the recent model G or they just bought it. Granted, not everyone will love the Q but it would be fun to see how many people post such negative remarks only to see them turn into fanboys/girls after a while.

I also see a lot of people validating their decision to buy a G in the past year by knocking the Q. Would it be too much to say nothing or at least acknowledge anything remotely positive - or even objective? Human nature is funny.

Anyway, I've always dug the look since I first saw the headlight preview and I like it even more as people are posting pics. Let's hope the driving dynamics are on par with the G and they'll have a winner on their hands!

Reactions: Q50Aggie

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
For me I was instantly curious from the initial teasers for the headlights! I kinda derailed for a while and checked out the Mercedes CLA and kinda saw the Q50 again around the time of the Geneva Auto Show and thought that the Q50 had the best looks in all angles amongst all of the new cars for 2014! Was kinda dissapointed by the grille since it reminded me of the Gialla Grille for the G35 and like the bars running accross the previous versions over the mesh grille the Q50 offered but in time it warmed up to me! Was dissapointed by the wheels, since it wasnt my cup of tea, but when I saw it in person, it seemed fine but i am still planning on putting in aftermarket wheels!

Overall, the Q50 seemed to offer the best bang for the buck in terms of power, fuel economy, looks, etc. and so I made this my choice and my first brand new car! :D
I actually really like the sport wheels. They are some of the best I've seen offered by a manufacturer. Head and shoulders above my current Spider-Man web wheels on my G sport.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It's like a newborn baby, in hospital... you ask all sorts of questions in your mind and with time the baby grows on you and soon you love the baby more than you think.
Not quite. If you're honest, you'll admit that newborn babies are on the ugly side(well, OTHER people's babies). :D I instantly liked the look of the Q50, but agree the rear is just average.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I was pretty happy with the looks when I first saw it. I wanted a little more in the rear, but got over it. Also wanted a little more engine, but got over that as well since I am getting more than what I current have in my current G.

When I saw it in person it really hooked me for sure, because it definitely looks great when you see it in person and actually sit in it.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I actually really like the sport wheels. They are some of the best I've seen offered by a manufacturer. Head and shoulders above my current Spider-Man web wheels on my G sport.
For me though I have had a standard for a 5 spoke wheel(star design) especially since I came from having an SSR SP1 on my G and as far as stock wheels go the stock touring v2 wheels of the 350z holds that standard for 5 spoke stock wheels! I also like the stock 19" rays from the sport 06-07 G35 which was forged, really light and nice looking!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I was telling people this as well.

When the first renders came out, very few people were excited about it---but for me, I knew it was just a matter of time before real photos showed up and people got a better look at it. For me, I thought the car looked "fine" right off the bat, but it probably took a few weeks before I really got into it.

You're right--when there's something new or different out there, people tend to become polarized, but they eventually settle around into it.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Loved it since the lines originally debuted in 2009 with the Essence concept. I looked at Infiniti's concepts page last night and noticed the LE's headlights and taillights mirror each other, just like the Q50 does. It even has the dual wave twin character lines on the sides with the sharp shelf for the top line and the crescent C-pillar cut (which debuted on the JX I believe).

Infiniti definitely has a design language all its own despite how frequently Hyundai/Kia steals from them. That's the biggest drawback, when your design language isn't distinct enough, average forum trolls (Autoblog is the worst) trot out the "looks like a Hyundai" garbage. Nobody says that about BMW, Mercedes, or Audi, despite all 3 of those brands having parts stolen from them (headlights, taillights, etc.) and placed on Kia/Hyundai.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
At first I liked the front end. And didn't really like the rear end. Actually I hated the rear end.

Now I LOVE the front end and have grown to accept the rear. I love the side profile and interior
Are you sure you're talking about the CAR?:D (sorry, but that was just too easy)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I like it when I first saw pics of the Q50. I like it even more when I saw video of it.
Once I saw and felt the car in person, I like it so much I pre-order the car immediately. Yestersday, I went to Infiniti and Lexus to check out both the Q50 and IS350. Both are nice looking car, but my heart is still with the Q50.

Reactions: gbert15
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.