Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently for 2016+ 3.0t Q50 models are built in with remote start. All that's required is for you to get the key fob that has the remote start button and have the fob reprogrammed and it'll allow you to have remote start.

I personally haven't tried it yet but it's worth a shot for anyone thinking of upgrading their car to have remote start.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Which model key fobs with remote start will work with the 2016+ Q50? I'm aware they need to be programmed by a dealer to work but knowing exactly which fobs work would be good to know.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I had the compatibility table for this somewhere, I can't find it at the moment.

I think you need a gen V Continental fob. It's definitely Continental. When I find that table, I can post it so you can see the crossover.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Think i also posted a snippet of that table on the thread about the replacement fob from amazon.

But yours has more info (better)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish I could tell you which model key fob. I just read that the new key fob is the one that is supposed to allow 2016+ 3.0 models to get the remote start if your car originally didn't have it.

I have the most basic silver sport so mine definitely didn't come with remote start but it would be nice to have that as an upgrade with something as simple as a new fob.

Interesting but I'm not able to access my car for another month. I'm currently out of state. If nobody else can chime in that has done this, I'll report back once I have tried this.

·
Registered
181 Posts
2016+ q50s have always had the option from infiniti for remote start even if your car didn’t originally come with it via infiniti accessories. If you look at the install instructions for the remote start accessory you’ll see it’s just 2 new remotes along with programming them which is what vu ho has posted on the FB group along with setting up a group buy of sorts for the 5 button remote start keyfob so all you have to do is go to your dealer and have the key programmed. Shouldn’t cost you more than an hour of labor if that plus the key fob.
285E3-4HK0A is the part # for the key fob referenced in the install instructions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which model key fobs with remote start will work with the 2016+ Q50? I'm aware they need to be programmed by a dealer to work but knowing exactly which fobs work would be good to know.
I called three dealers they won't touch a remote i bring to them, they want do have their people do a remote start install i am being quoted $500-$700

·
Registered
3,627 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Here's a trick that might work:

Take your car in for service for a warranty concern, something electrical that's intermittent. When they can't duplicate it, see if you can talk to the tech or go for a short drive with him to see if you can duplicate the concern.

While you've got his ear (not in front of the service advisor or manager), ask him if he'll program the remotes in the cupholder that are next to the $20 bill that you brought for him.

This depends on who you get, but it's a ~90% chance it'll work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Loring i like the way you think. Imagine if he turns me down I could never go back to that dealership 😳

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I know certain honda dealerships allow their mechanics getting some gigs done after hours. Not sure about Nissan/Infiniti but with Loring having experience with it, I'm pretty sure it would work - make it at least $40 though, $20 might have worked during Loring's time.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am curious if Nissan would be able to reprogram the key as well. If so, they are much more likely to, since your badges say Infiniti and not Nissan.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Loring i like the way you think. Imagine if he turns me down I could never go back to that dealership 😳
Nah, I don't think anything would be said. When you got the car back, either the $20 would still be in the cupholder or it wouldn't, lol.

I know certain honda dealerships allow their mechanics getting some gigs done after hours. Not sure about Nissan/Infiniti but with Loring having experience with it, I'm pretty sure it would work - make it at least $40 though, $20 might have worked during Loring's time.
This is less about Make and more about individual dealer policy. Most managers forbid it, unless it's your or a direct family member's car. Some allow it, some don't care enough to pay attention to what goes on in the shop.

I am curious if Nissan would be able to reprogram the key as well. If so, they are much more likely to, since your badges say Infiniti and not Nissan.
Yes and probably yes. Same scan tool at both dealers; Consult III

1 - 20 of 49 Posts