Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an aftermarket remote start for their Q50? If so, are you happy with how it works? I've heard mixed reviews about aftermarket systems not working too hot.

When I got my G37, I was surprised it wasn't offered. You can imagine how surprised I was when the Q50 didn't offer it either! Especially since my parent's 2013 Nissan Altima has it! I've had 3 cars before my G that have had it, and I sure miss it this winter!

2014 Q50 AWD Premium
Malbec Black
Nav, Deluxe Touring

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
There's a bunch of other threads regarding remote start. One member was able to get it installed without having to use a secondary keyfob. They were able to use it using the Infiniti Fob. There wasn't much information shared about it though.

Other than that, I haven't heard anything else about a remote start installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a bunch of other threads regarding remote start. One member was able to get it installed without having to use a secondary keyfob. They were able to use it using the Infiniti Fob. There wasn't much information shared about it though.

Other than that, I haven't heard anything else about a remote start installed.

You're right...I did find some older threads on this, but I was hoping for some more recent experiences with more information.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah I've been hoping for the same...nothing new though on the topic. I've been looking around to get one installed but no one seems confident enough or even worked on one yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know for sure it can be done... But I havent started on that yet. Let me know if anyone finds anything.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
[email protected], I'm eager to hear the response on that. I miss my remote starter in this cold weather.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
[email protected], I'm eager to hear the response on that. I miss my remote starter in this cold weather.
Its been a week or so and that dude hasnt responded yet! :(

Anybody here knows the shop or company he mentioned?:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
He mentioned the name of the company?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Guys lets make this happen. I've been researching for months now but have to many projects going on at the same time. I need your help! The company that makes the product we are looking for is called Directed Xpress Kit which comes with a pre programed Dball2 module and a t-harness to attach to the car. I bought this a while back for a G37 but was not successful in completing the install do to our Q50's not coming with a port to insert our smart keys. Install on this would be super easy, the wiring kit comes with 3 separate connectors. 1 goes into the OBD2 port, the 2nd goes into the brake pedal, and the 3rd goes into the older G37 smart key port. What do you guys think?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had mine installed early December. Have had zero problems with it. It does not use the key fob, it has its own fob, but I don't use that either. I had the Drone module installed and just use my iPhone app to start it - that way I don't have any concerns with distance.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I had mine installed early December. Have had zero problems with it. It does not use the key fob, it has its own fob, but I don't use that either. I had the Drone module installed and just use my iPhone app to start it - that way I don't have any concerns with distance.
Whats the make and model of your setup?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Guys lets make this happen. I've been researching for months now but have to many projects going on at the same time. I need your help! The company that makes the product we are looking for is called Directed Xpress Kit which comes with a pre programed Dball2 module and a t-harness to attach to the car. I bought this a while back for a G37 but was not successful in completing the install do to our Q50's not coming with a port to insert our smart keys. Install on this would be super easy, the wiring kit comes with 3 separate connectors. 1 goes into the OBD2 port, the 2nd goes into the brake pedal, and the 3rd goes into the older G37 smart key port. What do you guys think?!

Now this is a step in the right direction! I'll take a closer look into this. I wonder if this is what Legacy Infiniti used when they installed the system on another member of the forum's q50 (MrSamTee). I'll bring this up to them and see if maybe they used the G37's model to work with the Q50.

Reactions: Platinumv37

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whats the make and model of your setup?
It's a Compustar G9 with the ADS-Blade AL module and the Drone mobile module. You can pretty much use any remote starter, the real work is done by the Blade module which is required to bypass the Q50 security features. These modules are updated with vehicle specific firmware. You just need to go to an installer that knows his stuff and not to any of the "Big Box" stores that sell and install remote starters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of my colleagues recently installed viper auto start system on his g37.. Paid 300 to install and comes with smart phone app to start the car from anywhere. Aswell as lock unlock and trunk feature. He said he can also comtrol temp... Not sure how good that is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a Compustar G9 with the ADS-Blade AL module and the Drone mobile module. You can pretty much use any remote starter, the real work is done by the Blade module which is required to bypass the Q50 security features. These modules are updated with vehicle specific firmware. You just need to go to an installer that knows his stuff and not to any of the "Big Box" stores that sell and install remote starters.

Now that's the kind of info I am looking for...thanks! I'm going to look up a local Compustar dealer.

2014 Q50 AWD Premium
Malbec Black
Nav, Deluxe Touring

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like it... Guess they don't make a kit for us yet? Keep us posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am trying to get my Parts Manager to try to see if he can install the QX60 & 80 engine start in my Q50S. I will let you guys know.

Reactions: Decade_Infiniti

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Ali,

If you get that working, I'd see if they can also re-program a keyfob from a QX60 or 80. Those fobs have bigger antennas in them and seem to work from a longer distance than the normal 3/4 button ones.

Only downside would be that if we did that, it would require new keyfobs as well. That would make the solution expensive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.