Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,283 Posts
UPDATE (4): The circlip arrived at the dealership this afternoon (9/25), so I made the one-hour RT trek to go get it. Once back at the house, I was able to install the circlip by hand with a small amount of wheel bearing grease. We determined the best way to drive the CV joint shaft into the diff (must overcome the circlip tension) was to install the diff with the two mounting bolts in front and the rear nut, and then use a block of wood on the rubber boot where it meets the CV housing. That would give the axle spline a straight shot (not at an angle). A few swings with hammer on the wood and the axle spline was fully-seated.

With that out of the way, I proceeded to torque the diff mounts to spec (74 ft-lbs for the two front bolts, and 77 ft-lbs for the rear nut). I re-installed the IE driveshaft (D/S), which with its lighter weight and one-piece design, can be installed with one person. The only issue that came up - I couldn't torque two of the four bolts at the front flange of the D/S, as they were at the top, because my Q is in Park, and to rotate the D/S, it has to be out of Park. However, moving out of Park means pressing the brake pedal, and I can't do that because I would blow the caps off the brake lines, since my calipers are off getting rebuilt. I debated screwing with the brake pedal switch, but I opted not to.

Oh well, my remaining tasks on the driveline are filling the diff with fluid, torque the front D/S flange bolts, re-installing the FI X-pipe and mufflers, and re-installing the tunnel brace. It can wait until I get my calipers back, which should be no more than 10 work days from today.
Make yourself a note to torque the remaining bolts and put it in a prominent location so you don't forget to do so. Your enthusiasm once you get the calipers back will wipe that mental reminder right out of your brain.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,283 Posts
So in parallel with the LSD installation, after 4 weeks waiting for my Stoptech calipers to be rebuilt and painted, I picked them up yesterday. Pics don't do these justice - the resin paint, which is applied and oven baked-on, looks amazing. All the piston seals and dust seals were replaced. During the disassembly and rebuild process, one of the six pistons in each of the front calipers were found to be sticky, so that condition was corrected.

Front calipers (w/new Hawk HPS Pads installed):
View attachment 103684
View attachment 103686
Rear calipers:
View attachment 103685
View attachment 103687
Beauty shot (Dining Room Table makes a great staging area):
View attachment 103688
Next step - installation on my Q, which should be done by this weekend.
I missed it somewhere along the line, were these used ones you bought or ones you had bought new and were to the point they needed a rebuild?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.