Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,647 Posts
I am not sure fi this is true for all years, but in 2018, Q50S could be equipped with Performance Package which upgrades the brakes to Sport brakes with Silver calipers, essentially, giving it the same brake setup as Red Sport, but in different color. Both Q50S with PP and Q50RS brakes are made by Brembo as far as I know.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but Infiniti doesn't equip any of their Q50's with Brembo brake calipers. They use Akebono calipers on all trim levels equipped with a BBK for all model years. Where did you get your information?

·
Registered
978 Posts
a common misconception from people who came from the 350z. akebonos were initially on the g37 i think and then carried over to the 370z in 09. the brembos are still 4 & 2 piston front/rear but the rotors are significantly smaller.

i personally despise what infiniti did to the 2018+ Sport, reducing it to nothing more than appearance package and forcing you to pay extra to put the Sport back in to the Sport. it was a shyster ass move on their part.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sorry to disappoint you but Infiniti doesn't equip any of their Q50's with Brembo brake calipers. They use Akebono calipers on all trim levels equipped with a BBK for all model years. Where did you get your information?
Thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea that Akebono was the OEM behind these BBK.

I have been using Brembo term loosely and more to identify big brake kits rather than the brand itself - sort of calling any SUV a "Jeep" - if you know what I mean :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts