Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week or so ago I had posted an issue I was having with my 15 q50 and since then have gone through what seems to be the impossible.

back story: The apps never loaded once (kept saying now loading apps...) so I did the forbiden hard reset (in the hidden menu) believing it would clear it up and run on a fresh start, but boy the trouble i put myself into....

I have since taken it to a local dealer, paid their dignosis fee and spent ~3 hours just to find that they couldn't communicate (CONSULT) with the vehicle to reprogram/reflash the configurations...

I had found a used DCU online and have swapped them out after a few hiccups along the way that aren't relevant to where i am stuck now.

Today- I have functional driving modes, navigation, and the other assortment of apps/menus , but have NO audio. The only audio i can get to play is the when i press the voice command button on the steering wheel.

When I go into the hidden menu and go into the Error history tab it conveys : Configuration Table Format Error 0

Does anyone know what that means? I'm trying to determine if its only likely that a DCU reflash/reprogram will fix this and NOT that i will need another component that may also be fried...

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Most likely the DCU needs a re-flash or they missed a step in the configuration, but will need to dig through the SM and see what error codes are tied to the
unit for diagnostics. If I get some time this afternoon will let ya know if Avedis doesn't beat me too it.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,642 Posts
If I read your post correctly, you indicate that you swapped out DCUs. That requires saving the DCU configuration on a CONSULT before replacing the DCU and then writing the configuration back into the new DCU with the CONSULT. If this wasn't done, then the DCU needs to be manually configured with a CONSULT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep in short I swapped out DCUs. I don't believe they would have been able to retain a backup of the original DCU since their first diagnosis conveyed they were't able to establish a connection to it.
So yes I would rely that a manual configuration would solve my problems.

Should I be worried about the error message that I found ( Configuration Table Format Error 0 ) ? and does anyone have the specs as to what it means in their language?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,642 Posts
yep in short I swapped out DCUs. I don't believe they would have been able to retain a backup of the original DCU since their first diagnosis conveyed they were't able to establish a connection to it.
So yes I would rely that a manual configuration would solve my problems.

Should I be worried about the error message that I found ( Configuration Table Format Error 0 ) ? and does anyone have the specs as to what it means in their language?
I've never seen that message before but it probably suggests that the config table is corrupted or missing. I'll bet it has to do with your corrupted or incomplete DCU configuration.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,165 Posts
Sounds to me like the dealer tried working on your problem just hard enough so they wouldn't feel guilty taking your money. Do you have another dealer as an option?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts