Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I literally LOL'd at this statement. I'm an engineer and I've literally experienced that exact situation multiple times in my career. But, hey, I guess that is what they wanted... you just try to find a way to be helpful.
get in your time machine and go back and change the manufacturing corners they cut to save money of your original design?

·
Registered
975 Posts
get in your time machine and go back and change the manufacturing corners they cut to save money of your original design?
More of the situation when something fails or a situation arises where a lot of competent folks have already done a bunch of good work in resolving the issue (or determining the path to resolution) and yet someone says "we better get an engineer out here." Then, I show up and I'm thinking basically what you wrote previously, "wtf why am I here?", everyone already knows what to do. You quickly learn, though, that there are political reasons for having certain folks called to a situation.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Aye sometimes it's because the people who did the work are incompetent, or they've already done everything you would have... I've been involved in both situations.
I'll always remember one lengthy conference call like that, was on hour 16 with the vendor out in Germany it was 4am there and they
couldn't figure it out the configuration issue so they had to wake up the senior design architecture who built that platform.. Who was also on vacation.

Had us fixed in 10 minutes but not before he spent 15 minutes "Talking" at his team in German... By talking I of course mean he chewed them out because
they were incompetent. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my car back today. Long as it drives fine, my attorney should close the case next week and I'll be getting a check in the mail from infiniti. Honestly man, these lemon law attorneys know their **** and are free of charge to you. Infiniti tried pulling that same **** with the same exact lines of "Once the repairs are completed, I'll decide what you get compensated" Soon as I heard that response and the tone of voice, I googled lemon law attorneys. Do it man! Get back at infiniti/nissan for putting you through all the bullshit and get things made right!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
UPDATE! The Nissan Arbitrator told me she would have the engineer out TODAY!

...but by that...they mean Thursday of next week, apparently

So another minimum of 2 weeks without my fuckin car.

There is literally no inconvenience that Nissan will hesitate to put you through.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Just got my car back today. Long as it drives fine, my attorney should close the case next week and I'll be getting a check in the mail from infiniti. Honestly man, these lemon law attorneys know their **** and are free of charge to you. Infiniti tried pulling that same **** with the same exact lines of "Once the repairs are completed, I'll decide what you get compensated" Soon as I heard that response and the tone of voice, I googled lemon law attorneys. Do it man! Get back at infiniti/nissan for putting you through all the bullshit and get things made right!
Glad to here!! This whole thing proved what a joke Infiniti really is.

I hung up on the arbitrator and retained an attorney this morning.

how long did your whole mess take? thanks for responding btw!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad to here!! This whole thing proved what a joke Infiniti really is.

I hung up on the arbitrator and retained an attorney this morning.

how long did your whole mess take? thanks for responding btw!
Hey no worries, glade I could have helped!

The whole process of how long it will take is hard to explain, because every repair is different (mine was actually belt issues on my 2018). Basically my attorney would make a demand of a certain amount of money and nissan and the attorney would go back and forth for maybe 2-3 weeks on negotiating. I decided I'd keep my car and take cash settlement instead of getting a new car. The whole process with my attorney has last about two months because the repairs have been so slow and I think it was nissan dragging their feet on sending out the replacement parts because they weren't sure if I was going to want a cash settlement or just take a new car. Having a attorney helps figure out a real time line instead of nissan just going as they please and plus you won't actually have to deal with nissan and only your attorney will be discussing the issue with nissan. So it may still take some time, but at least your actually protected and things will actually be made right in your favor with you coming out with something extra.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
if you don't mind, can you list the specific manufacturing corners they cut with the Q50 RS? am interested to learn
Not really the thread to discuss it sir, we got kind of off topic enough as is, if you want more details start a new thread asking for them just know
that none of the corners they cut are overly serious. Mostly just small stuff for enthusiasts would expect out of a car from Infiniti and was included
on past models.

@helterstupid - Any updates from Infiniti? It has been 2 days now but I assume your waiting to hear back from Arbitration still?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I'm possibly about to go through this in Georgia due to a 40 day part delay on a critical safety system...
Just get a lawyer now. Nissan will not help you. Also, the arbitration department at Nissan is not a lawyer, they just try and bully you.

Get a lawyer. 1 800 LemonLaw

Nissan does not care about you

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
More of the situation when something fails or a situation arises where a lot of competent folks have already done a bunch of good work in resolving the issue (or determining the path to resolution) and yet someone says "we better get an engineer out here." Then, I show up and I'm thinking basically what you wrote previously, "wtf why am I here?", everyone already knows what to do. You quickly learn, though, that there are political reasons for having certain folks called to a situation.
Exactly. When the arbitrator said she would "have an engineer out there TOMORROW!" I was thinking ..."why? Like an engineer has nothing to do on his own work on a Friday afternoon? He's an engineer, not a mechanic".

But that was a lie by Nissan anyways. There was no engineer coming the next day. It is taking over a WEEK to get one out, and who cares anyways? WTF is he gonna do? They want this guy to diagnose the already known problem. Really they are just punting here, even their own master technicians (two of them, actually) have told Nissan essentially "this issue cannot be fixed", so Nissan is just trying to muscle me into keeping this piece of ****. I had been, up to this point, 100% okay with just a replacement car. I didn't want anything else. But now, after being treated like this, and seeing what bullshit the "INFINITI ownership experience" is...the though of being a Nissan customer for any period of time is not appealing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Hey no worries, glade I could have helped!

The whole process of how long it will take is hard to explain, because every repair is different (mine was actually belt issues on my 2018). Basically my attorney would make a demand of a certain amount of money and nissan and the attorney would go back and forth for maybe 2-3 weeks on negotiating. I decided I'd keep my car and take cash settlement instead of getting a new car. The whole process with my attorney has last about two months because the repairs have been so slow and I think it was nissan dragging their feet on sending out the replacement parts because they weren't sure if I was going to want a cash settlement or just take a new car. Having a attorney helps figure out a real time line instead of nissan just going as they please and plus you won't actually have to deal with nissan and only your attorney will be discussing the issue with nissan. So it may still take some time, but at least your actually protected and things will actually be made right in your favor with you coming out with something extra.
Thank you. Did Nissan seem more accepting of a replacement vehicle than a cash settlement? Honestly there is almost no amount of money that would make me keep this particular car at this point, but I would be open to a replacement q50 or 60, depending on how its laid out I guess.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Send the arbitrator this thread 🙂
they've probably seen it, or don't care, or both.

I've determined the arbitrator's sole job is to yell at you and get you to think you have no legal rights. Lawyers are the only thing that are going to get the job done.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
but I would be open to a replacement q50 or 60, depending on how its laid out I guess.
Seriously? If they offered me two of them, I'd tell them to keep 'em. **** me once shame on you, **** me twice shame on me.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
**** me once shame on you, **** me twice shame on me.
An Ex girlfriend of mine used to say the same thing...mostly about the way I treated her.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts