Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This reminds me of the time I almost got arrested at a Ford dealer.

PRO-TIP: Cars are a scam. ALL OF THEM.

·
Registered
518 Posts
This reminds me of the time I almost got arrested at a Ford dealer.

PRO-TIP: Cars are a scam. ALL OF THEM.

No way a depreciating asset that’s underwater as soon as you drive it off the lot is a scam. Don’t be so negative :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Just got a call from Nissan arbitration again.

"We will send an engineer, and at that point, I will TELL you what Nissan is going to do"

nah

they get nicer when you tell they you have an attorney.
Thought they sent an engineer last Friday? You mean to tell me arbitration was providing arbitrary information???? *Gasp!*
Good call going with the attorney, let him do the talking for you and wash your hands of the whole thing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thought they sent an engineer last Friday?
Good call going with the attorney, let him do the talking for you and wash your hands of the whole thing.
yeah I wondered how they planned on overnighting me an engineer and if the engineer would even fit in a FedEx box right?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
yeah I wondered how they planned on overnighting me an engineer and if the engineer would even fit in a FedEx box right?
Well there was their first mistake, FedEx couldn't ship a box overnight if their company depended on it... And in the rare instance they did it would end up like
this poor Storage Array I got 2 years ago.... Only about $20,000 worth of damage, thank god for mandatory shipping insurance. lol

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Like an engineer has nothing to do on his own work on a Friday afternoon? He's an engineer, not a mechanic".
That is a field engineers job. They're tasked almost entirely with going to various dealers and diagnosing and repairing vehicles that are in danger of lemon law, or are otherwise a customer satisfaction issue.

They don't usually work on the cars themselves, but they instruct the technician what to remove, test, replace, etc., though the good ones get their hands dirty.

They have knowledge about the vehicle that isn't available to technicians, as well as ongoing training about all the weird issues that come up for a given vehicle. If a car can be fixed, a field engineer will make sure it happens.

The best part is that everything they authorize gets the tech paid for that job without having to justify it (which is what needs to happen for a normal warranty repair).

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
That is a field engineers job. They're tasked almost entirely with going to various dealers and diagnosing and repairing vehicles that are in danger of lemon law, or are otherwise a customer satisfaction issue.

They don't usually work on the cars themselves, but they instruct the technician what to remove, test, replace, etc., though the good ones get their hands dirty.

They have knowledge about the vehicle that isn't available to technicians, as well as ongoing training about all the weird issues that come up for a given vehicle. If a car can be fixed, a field engineer will make sure it happens.

The best part is that everything they authorize gets the tech paid for that job without having to justify it (which is what needs to happen for a normal warranty repair).
True enough, but that usually means the field engineer needs to be a motivated and competent individual who's willing to put the work in.
A former VW mechanic has a Youtube channel and has gone on the record that those guys are a crap shoot, some are awesome most are meh.

That is pretty sweet for the technicians for warranty repairs however, the techs did the work and desrve the pay.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Usually the money is enough motivation. Most engineers have a specific geographical area they're assigned to. Sometimes they rotate, but one technician in one area wouldn't have a good bearing on what the whole lot of field engineers look like. It's a hasty generalization.

About the tech's pay, they certainly deserve the pay, but with a FSE, there are no longer a bunch of hoops to jump through for the same pay. It's an occasional perk.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts