Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I got a flat tire on my winter tire and used my summer tire to drive into the dealer to get a new tire as my sidewall was damaged.

Problem is that after you get a flat tire, they need to clear an error code on the car and my dealership was unable to do it (very strange if you ask me...seems like they did not have the latest software). Has anyone else had a similar issue.

I think its awful that you need a dealer to clear a flat tire message after you have replaced the tire and it is reading the correct tire pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: The error code cleared itself after two weeks of driving.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I had a nail in a run flat. Had it fixed at Discount Tire but they couldn't clear the flat tire warning. Called my Infiniti service advisor and he said they have to clear it through the ODB port. Took it in and he cleared it in the service drive. Should be super simple. I imagine someone with access to the right equipment could clear it besides the dealer. It did not clear by itself in the time between the repair and the trip too my dealer.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts
Interesting how the dealership didn't seem to have the software to clear the code for this. I think this might be one of those things we can reset ourselves through the infotainment system .
Unfortunately, no you can't.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
17,175 Posts
I'm having this issue now. It reads all tire pressures yet says I have a flat tire. Anyone figure a solution out besides going to the dealer.
You need a CONSULT scan tool to clear the DTC that was thrown when the tire pressure dropped too low (< 10 PSI). The Owner's Manual states for cars with RFTs, once the Flat Tire warning illuminates, it will stay that way until the system is reset by an Infiniti service department, even after inflating the tire to the proper pressure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need a CONSULT scan tool to clear the DTC that was thrown when the tire pressure dropped too low (< 10 PSI). The Owner's Manual states for cars with RFTs, once the Flat Tire warning illuminates, it will stay that way until the system is reset by an Infiniti service department, even after inflating the tire to the proper pressure.
I just went through this myself. Had a flat tire and had the tire replaced at Firestone service center. The “Flat Tire See Dealership” message did not go off and after 500 miles I took it back to Firestone. They used their ODB equipment to clear all error messages and that fixed the issue. Took 5 minutes

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,541 Posts
Poor software engineering unless the intention is to force a dealer visit, and if that's the case, it is an even worse leadership decision. Even if it is done free of charge, the inconvenience is inexcusable.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,901 Posts
I wonder if the EcuTec SW can clear it 🤔

Absolute nonsense you are stuck with not being able to clear it w/o a stealership being needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.