Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah yeah, so I was curious lol. Only piece of my exhaust that was stock was the axle back. I thought I'd give it a shot and see what the deal was with the Rev9, good or bad.

Install is really straightforward. 4 bolts drops the stock axle back. Getting the new muffler pair on is easy, you just hook in the DS hanger and slip 1 bolt into each flange of the mid pipe. Then it's suspended and you can take out the bolt on 1 side to get the gasket in. The kit comes with new gaskets, hardware, and exhaust clamps. Then you slip on the 2 tailpipes and tighten down the band clamps. I got everything started so I could tweak the tail pipes to line up with each other.

Sound....first start up was a little surprising. It's a DEEP low mild growl. Then settled to basically stock quiet which is what I was hoping for. Part throttle from 1500 to 2000 gives you decent volume, but deeper tone than I expected which is good (fart cans not welcome). WOT sounds wicked, almost more exotic like. I refuse to believe the butt dyno which is prone to lie, but it does feel smoother like it's breathing better. Curious to see how loud it is on cold start tomorrow morning. We shall see...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,837 Posts
So you are happy with it and gonna keep it spider?

Wait, are you saying your 12.4 was with an OEM axle-back??

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you are happy with it and gonna keep it spider?

Wait, are you saying your 12.4 was with an OEM axle-back??
I'm going to try it for a bit and see how I like it. If I feel like it's too loud, especially on cold start I'll reassess, but the initial drive was positive because I was surprised at how deep it sounded....
Yes 12.4 is with stock mufflers, RWD, street tires, no real tune. ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the Rev9 full catback with this same rear muffler and I really like the sound. i welded in resonators and it's not too loud and sounds great at WOT.

Keep an eye on the small tab that welds the pipes together on the driver's side. The weld is usually flimsy and will need a better weld added. Otherwise it can crack and cause some vibration noises.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which weld are you referring to? Muffler? The tip extension is a band clamp. It's pretty loud at cold start in my opinion but as soon as the wastegates close it's quiets right down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts