Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bought my 2020 Q50 3.0t luxe 16k miles for $28k which i think was a steal and i was thinking for my first mod to be tints and then an exhaust. I know that I have other discussions with the invidia catback but i was thinking that i don’t want my car to be that loud either so i was thinking about going for the Rev9 and megan racing lower downpipes and wanted to know what you guys think.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
446 Posts
megan racing LDP's are a great set for cheap but it will be loud and you will get drone from it, the power gains are going to be noticeable however

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
156 Posts
I thought the Invidia Gemini was supposed to be the quietest catback. I currently plan on doing the HKS resonated LDPs with a megan racing Y pipe with cutouts installed on it. May go to a full catback though if I can find something not too much louder than stock.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the Invidia Gemini was supposed to be the quietest catback. I currently plan on doing the HKS resonated LDPs with a megan racing Y pipe with cutouts installed on it. May go to a full catback though if I can find something not too much louder than stock.
Yeah i might just go with invidia since it will probably satisfy me the most in sound

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check out greddy. I wound up going invidia (just recieved in the mail today) due to it being supposedly a little louder. I'm yet to hear either system in person but both are supposed to be very deep sounding with no drone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also really dig the burnt tips on the invidia lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Go with invidia. The rev 9 with megan ldp will probably be louder than the invidia with ldp. The invidia on its own is pretty quiet but the tone is very nice. No rasp and no drone. Most people have fitment issue with rev9 and the quality isn't great.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 3.0T RWD
34 Posts
someone said if I want my Q to sound like a GT-R then go with a Remark axle back. so if you want that GT-R sound, there you go

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
554 Posts
I initially wanted the Invidia but the ebay seller backed out right after I sent payment. I ended up buying the Rev9 exhaust and then added 2 resonators and it actuality sounds pretty good and I have the AMS LDPs and they tend to add volume to the sound of an exhaust. I have no regrets with the Rev9 and it has allowed me to make good power with my Ecutek Tune. However, I still would prefer the Invidia because of the X pipe and its a quality exhaust that's not too loud.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I initially wanted the Invidia but the ebay seller backed out right after I sent payment. I ended up buying the Rev9 exhaust and then added 2 resonators and it actuality sounds pretty good and I have the AMS LDPs and they tend to add volume to the sound of an exhaust. I have no regrets with the Rev9 and it has allowed me to make good power with my Ecutek Tune. However, I still would prefer the Invidia because of the X pipe and its a quality exhaust that's not too loud.
Do you have the rev9 mid pipe/y pipe with the rev9 axle back?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes I have the complete REV9 y, mid, and rear. AMS ldps also.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I like the way it sounds. However, I added resonators so it would keep it calm. I personally have no regrets buying this exhaust. It was a little cumbersome to align the tailpipes but other than that it's been great. Especially for the money.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the way it sounds. However, I added resonators so it would keep it calm. I personally have no regrets buying this exhaust. It was a little cumbersome to align the tailpipes but other than that it's been great. Especially for the money.
any sound clips? or instagram where I could see a clip

1 - 15 of 15 Posts