Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Infiniti Q50 Luxe RWD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - would you mind letting me know if this looks good?

2019 Silver Sport / JB4 / 93 Octane

Is next step logging in map 3 or 4 or can I jump into map 6?

Attachments

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
Don't see anything concerning in the logs. What are you trying to accomplish by "jumping into map 6"? The stock maps are pretty well dialed in for non RS models. I would stick with those. I view Map 6 as for RS owners who can't quite add +4psi from map 1 or non RS owners wanting to go beyond Map 5 +7psi numbers (usually requires go fast mods and improved fuel beyond most pump gas). Both the ECU and the stock JB4 maps taper boost so you should be OK from that standpoint if you are concerned about high RPM boost numbers (turbo efficiency).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't see anything concerning in the logs. What are you trying to accomplish by "jumping into map 6"? The stock maps are pretty well dialed in for non RS models. I would stick with those. I view Map 6 as for RS owners who can't quite add +4psi from map 1 or non RS owners wanting to go beyond Map 5 +7psi numbers (usually requires go fast mods and improved fuel beyond most pump gas). Both the ECU and the stock JB4 maps taper boost so you should be OK from that standpoint if you are concerned about high RPM boost numbers (turbo efficiency).
thank for the explanation!

no real reason. ive had jb4 on 2 GTis and always had a custom setting but since like you say, the stock maps are dialed in i dont see a reason to mess with it.

we have 93 in charlotte so can i run map 4 or 5 for a litte more fun?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank for the explanation!

no real reason. ive had jb4 on 2 GTis and always had a custom setting but since like you say, the stock maps are dialed in i dont see a reason to mess with it.

we have 93 in charlotte so can i run map 4 or 5 for a litte more fun?
do i need to log another run when i hook up the fuel wires?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts
Which stock maps taper boost other than user-defined Map 6?

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
I think they all do...I run map 5 and it tapers from 7 to 5.5 after it hits 6k rpms. At the same time the ECU tapers from about 10 (non RS) to about 7.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
AlexSU Yes with quality 93 pump gas you should be able to run map 4 and/or 5. Log them to make sure though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they all do...I run map 5 and it tapers from 7 to 5.5 after it hits 6k rpms. At the same time the ECU tapers from about 10 (non RS) to about 7.
AlexSU Yes with quality 93 pump gas you should be able to run map 4 and/or 5. Log them to make sure though.
will do, thanks again jcb!

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
Just saw someone's Map 4 and it tapers from +6 down to +4.5 at high RPM. I think all the stock maps taper similarly. With the ECU also tapering, it should be more than enough on non-RS models.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts
Just saw someone's Map 4 and it tapers from +6 down to +4.5 at high RPM. I think all the stock maps taper similarly. With the ECU also tapering, it should be more than enough on non-RS models.
I agree the ECU tapers. But I really thought "+4" meant just that. +4psi at all RPMs. I didn't think the JB4 itself tapered in, say, Map 1 (4psi).

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
alexSU - do you still have the GTI JB4? Is it for 2.0L? I have a 2012 CC that is really fun to drive with the dual clutch transmission. Wondering how it would feel with JB4.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
Tater - this is from a Map 1 log posted on N54 - Target tapers down to +2.5 at high RPM.

timestamprpmecu_psitarget
15.5​
3550​
2​
4​
16.75​
3875​
2​
4​
19​
3962​
3.2​
4​
22.5​
4425​
3.8​
4​
25.25​
4503​
4.5​
4​
26​
4925​
4.5​
4​
30​
5337​
7.6​
3.7​
31.75​
5700​
7.8​
3.4​
34.75​
5912​
7.6​
3.1​
35.5​
6031​
7.6​
3​
37.5​
6425​
7.3​
2.7​
39.5​
6625​
6.9​
2.5​

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alexSU - do you still have the GTI JB4? Is it for 2.0L? I have a 2012 CC that is really fun to drive with the dual clutch transmission. Wondering how it would feel with JB4.
no i dont, sold it with the car. it felt awesome! the 50 with a tune feels quicker i think by a bit.

you coulndt launch the car LOL spin city! but once it hooked i surprised a lot of cars. y

however the transmission starts to slip eventually with apr stage 1 or jb4. i had to do an apr transmission tune and it helped a ton!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jcb - how does it look now? this was map 5.

i still need to connect my fuel wires, will be doing that later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
Well...the timing aspect looks good, but its maxing out your fuel trims (44 is max value). Air/Fuel is too lean - it should level down (lower = richer) to between 10.5 and 12 without the fuel wires hooked up. I recommend you back it down for now. Maybe try a map 3 or 4 to see if that looks any better, but just pull once to get the log and then go back to map 2.

The fuel wires were advertised to lean out the AFR so you would not get any richer than say 12-12.5 during a pull. Not sure if they can function to add more fuel. Even if they could, your car is already trying to max it out, so I don't think the pump can deliver any more fuel even if it were commanded to do so.

Hope some others will weigh in on it, but I would back it down for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well...the timing aspect looks good, but its maxing out your fuel trims (44 is max value). Air/Fuel is too lean - it should level down (lower = richer) to between 10.5 and 12 without the fuel wires hooked up. I recommend you back it down for now. Maybe try a map 3 or 4 to see if that looks any better, but just pull once to get the log and then go back to map 2.

The fuel wires were advertised to lean out the AFR so you would not get any richer than say 12-12.5 during a pull. Not sure if they can function to add more fuel. Even if they could, your car is already trying to max it out, so I don't think the pump can deliver any more fuel even if it were commanded to do so.

Hope some others will weigh in on it, but I would back it down for now.
looks better right? this is map 4.

Attachments

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
Yes looks better. I wouldn't constantly beat on it at that level, buy you are probably good to leave it there until we get some more definitive direction on safe AFR to run.

Did you add the fuel wires? Just a word of advice - you might want to have an extra posi-tap or 2 in hand. It is very easy to drop and lose them when your are trying to install the wires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes looks better. I wouldn't constantly beat on it at that level, buy you are probably good to leave it there until we get some more definitive direction on safe AFR to run.

Did you add the fuel wires? Just a word of advice - you might want to have an extra posi-tap or 2 in hand. It is very easy to drop and lose them when your are trying to install the wires.
I just lost one! 😂😂😂 ****. Going to grab a few here shortly.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
Damn I was too late! Think steady hand like that "Operation" game a lot of us used to play as a kid!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damn I was too late! Think steady hand like that "Operation" game a lot of us used to play as a kid!
its a squeeze! i had to order them on amazon. lowes and autozone didnt the ones sent to me with the jb4 unit and i do like those the best.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts