Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you looking at getting a Q50 and trying to decide between the 2?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, I think most of the feedback you'll get on this forum is that regardless of size, the run flats are not very comfy and quiet. I have noticed some noise on my 17s, not sure what the root cause is. Check out a few of the other forum threads regarding tires.

For me, I am sorely regretting not paying the nominal fee for the sport wheels/tires. I really wish I had shelled out the extra $1,000 for the 19s. If you have concerns about the tires, I would address before you take delivery as I have read that the run flats are that easy to unload.

To reiterate, I love my premium RWD gasser, but reeeeeeally should've gotten the 19s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I just heard the 17's give a better (softer) ride. But I like the looks of the 19's but don't want to feel every bump in the road.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Thanks for the info, I just heard the 17's give a better (softer) ride. But I like the looks of the 19's but don't want to feel every bump in the road.
Its called road feel;)
Test drive and decide for yourself. I have the 19" on the premium model and to me the ride is just fine. The 19" on premium model is like the goldilocks combo - not too harsh, not too soft, just right.
yes, if RFT were little quieter but ....19" are better all the way around.
BTW, I found it that if you start putting 32psi the car rides lot nicer as the pressure goes to 35-37psi when driving.

Reactions: Rick_vdl

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I have the 19's as well and I test drove both sizes. I didn't feel much of a difference between the two to be honest. I also didn't hear a difference in road noise either, but that may be attributed to the fact that I have my music on all the time when driving. Rarely is it off.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
78 Posts
My previous car was 2004 G35X with 17" non-RFT. I bought a sport Q50S with the 19" RFT.

It is hard to describe, but while the suspension is firmer, the car is quieter and there is less of the small road vibrations. That may have more to do with the suspension than the tires.

Take a test drive the sales guy had no problem me driving it 15 minutes in various conditions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same concern about tires, when I tested, both are equal on highway or smooth surfacecs, however, on a bumpy road, I found the 19" to be too harsh and I could feel every imperfection in the pavement, I would stick with the 17", even though the 19" looks so much better

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had the same concern about tires, when I tested, both are equal on highway or smooth surfacecs, however, on a bumpy road, I found the 19" to be too harsh and I could feel every imperfection in the pavement, I would stick with the 17", even though the 19" looks so much better
- does changing from sport to luxury mode make a difference in the Q50s?
- technically aren't 17 inch tires better in snow?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
- does changing from sport to luxury mode make a difference in the Q50s?
- technically aren't 17 inch tires better in snow?
1.) there is no "luxury" mode, at least in American versions. Only sport, standard, Eco, snow, and personal.

2.) there are several variables that go into making a tire more superior than another. If you're just talking the OEM 17s versus OEM 19s, then yes the lower profiles will handle a bit better in the snow. But AWD 17s will be better than RWD 17s in the snow, so it just depends.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.