Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yesterday was a nice day in the northeast so i decided to install my LED sequential turn signals + hydrodipped mirror covers.

before

during

after

pretty straight forward install, about 20mins total for both sides.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,513 Posts
Nice job. 20 mins? Man, I'm slow. I think maybe the only mod that ever took me 20 minutes were my door projector puddle lights. What's the project you have going on with the cupholders? I see wires in there. I bought the LED 'INFINITI' lit coaster inserts which I love but the charge lasts like half a week so I end up not charging them and they just sit there dead. I've been thinking of a way to hard wire them for power.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice job. 20 mins? Man, I'm slow. I think maybe the only mod that ever took me 20 minutes were my door projector puddle lights. What's the project you have going on with the cupholders? I see wires in there. I bought the LED 'INFINITI' lit coaster inserts which I love but the charge lasts like half a week so I end up not charging them and they just sit there dead. I've been thinking of a way to hard wire them for power.
lol.. first side was like 15mins cause i didn't wanna break mirror covers. after that a breeze.

those wires where from the LED Sequential kit, it's for the DRL and puddle light functions. i opted not to install/do those cause door panel would have to come off (was lazy). ?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,617 Posts
lol.. first side was like 15mins cause i didn't wanna break mirror covers. after that a breeze.

those wires where from the LED Sequential kit, it's for the DRL and puddle light functions. i opted not to install/do those cause door panel would have to come off (was lazy). ?
I figured you didn't hook up those other functions when you said 20 minutes. Pulling the door panels would take longer.

Did you heat your mirror caps before attempting to pop them loose?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I figured you didn't hook up those other functions when you said 20 minutes. Pulling the door panels would take longer.

Did you heat your mirror caps before attempting to pop them loose?
nope, no need to. had watched a prior YouTube vid on how to pop'em off..
maybe later on i'll add the DRL & puddle light features.. ???

·
Super Moderator
3,513 Posts
Product link? Explanation of what 'DRL and puddle light features' means?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Product link? Explanation of what 'DRL and puddle light features' means?

DRL = daytime running light ie: i presume the turn signal lights would run in conjunction with your regular, headlight DRL.

puddle light, i also presume, would be when you open door, like the lights in fronts doors illuminate, the turn signal would do the same.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
3,513 Posts
Nice. Don't forget to use smile.amazon so that a small % of each of your purchases goes to a charity of your choice.

Reactions: ridinonrails

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
as she sits @ dealership. we'll see what they say on monday about turbo(s) and a/c compressor

·
Registered
2 Posts
here are a couple, but im in the northeast, so it's already dark + we having a mild winter storm. tomorrow ill get better pictures.
View attachment 89824
View attachment 89825
View attachment 89826
View attachment 89827
Figure i centralize my slow build. So far (just 3 weeks into ownership), ive done:

Chrome Delete
Blackout Roof
Shaved Emblems
OEM G37 wheels (winter wheels)
PrecisionLED interior LED lights/lamps

Plans are somewhat simple, looking to reach 400whp/450wtq numbers with:

AMS heatexchanger
AMS intakes
AMS coolant expansion tank
Downpipes (either Megan or HKS)
MBRP 3" CBE
JB4/BT/Fuelwires (tune for 93 gas)

with suspension mods as well:

RSR down sus lowering springs
Stillen Rear Sway Bar (already have)
Tanabe Strut Tower Bar
OEM Nissan/Infiniti 19" wheels (unsure yet)

Some aesthetic mods here and there as well (18+ red sport front bumper, lip, roof and trunk spoilers, rear diffuser)

Any comments, advice, criticism is welcome.
View attachment 89795
View attachment 89796
View attachment 89797
View attachment 89798
Love the chrome delete! I put RSR springs on my premium and hated the super and I mean super bumpy ride...I immediately switch to BC coilovers with swift springs and I’m loving it!

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Did you remove your downpipe before taking it to the dealership?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Love the chrome delete! I put RSR springs on my premium and hated the super and I mean super bumpy ride...I immediately switch to BC coilovers with swift springs and I’m loving it!
really ?!??! i was aiming for those springs because ive heard nothing but good things.

last piece to puzzle is to get 18+ red sport bumper so i can upgrade grill and get rid of the chrome piece.

Did you remove your downpipe before taking it to the dealership?
hadn't installed them yet. was waiting until i got full CBE

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
results from dealership, smh, we will keep track of turbos

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
added my hydro dipped honeycomb carbon fiber eyelids. slow progress, winter sucks in the northeast ??????

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
started to break down my akebono's.. will completely disassemble & clean all 4, but on fence as to if i want them powdercoated, or painted (caliper paint). the going rate, i've seen near me, is roughly $400-$500 to powder coat all 4. if anyone knows or has a "guy", let me know??? (northeast).

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Sorry, "my guy" I went to a few years ago is Goldline Brakes is on the Left Coast (Port Townsend, WA).

The calipers are not powder-coated, not painted, but polymer-coated:

Polymer Coated Disc Brake Calipers - Rebuilt Disc Brake Calipers

When my StopTech BBK calipers get to the point of looking shabby, I'll likely use "my guy" again to change the caliper body color from anodized aluminum/gray to red. ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sorry, "my guy" I went to a few years ago is Goldline Brakes is on the Left Coast (Port Townsend, WA).

The calipers are not powder-coated, not painted, but polymer-coated:

Polymer Coated Disc Brake Calipers - Rebuilt Disc Brake Calipers

When my StopTech BBK calipers get to the point of looking shabby, I'll likely use "my guy" again to change the caliper body color from anodized aluminum/gray to red. ?
interesting read. i haven't heard of this coating before. i have a little time before i'm ready to install, definitely will look into this. leaning toward the traditional 'nissan' red caliper color

·
Registered
101 Posts
i searched around for a week and pieced together the 'kit'.. brought the bolts from conceptzperformance.com, the paddle shifters i went to salvage yard and got for $50 and the shroud i brought from ebay.com. so it cost me like $175 in all
I am also looking at adding the paddles to my 2017 Premium, I opened up the steering column and confirmed that I have the connectors needed.
Are you in CT, if so which salvage yard did you get the paddles from? Also I noticed not much on ebay, for the trim pieces, but I will keep checking.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I am also looking at adding the paddles to my 2017 Premium, I opened up the steering column and confirmed that I have the connectors needed.
Are you in CT, if so which salvage yard did you get the paddles from? Also I noticed not much on ebay, for the trim pieces, but I will keep checking.
i actually drove to new jersey to get them (i believe exit 6 or 7 off turnpike). cost me $50 bucks. use car-part.com and search (i believe, steering wheel, 2014-2017) i had been looking for weeks. the trim pieces i brought brand new from I think partsouq.com

21 - 40 of 75 Posts