Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
installed tanabe front strut tower bar.. straight forward. unable to 'feel' anything (maybe when i get sway bars, i'll feel it working 🤔🤔🤔)

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,350 Posts
Does the engine cover not fit with the strut tower brace?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Does the engine cover not fit with the strut tower brace?
not sure but i don't think it would cause the bar is very very close to the intercoolers.. i'll try either mon or tues..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
finally added my sport pedals. for reference, see these two threads for part numbers and procedure.

Sport Pedals and Foot Rest

OEM Aluminum Sport Pedal Installation - MyG37

I got gas pedal from salvage yard, brake and dead pedal directly from nissan, brand new.

before:

after:

gas pedal, 1 2 3 easy. brake pedal, a little PITA. i did the opposite of what the prior thread stated, i installed top top first, then folded the bottom and manhandled it on.

dead pedal, only 'hard' thing was the little metal clips/retainers. i used a pick and needle nose pliers.

this is the relearn procedure. i went one step further and had disconnected the battery prior to working on car.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,350 Posts
Nice. Yikes, I don't think I have ever paid attention to what the non-sport pedals looked like. Nasty. Great upgrade.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
so, got my rs400 q60 dome/map light assembly in yesterday. proceeded to swap units.

my stock q50 unit, painted interior black. notice the buttons are still tan🤮

the 2 units side by side.

had to swap over this part of the unit from my q50 to the q60 unit (purple arrow, brown connector). i don't know what it is, possibly the mic unit, not sure.

and installed. fits exact, which leads me to believe that the q60 sunvisors 'probably' will also fit.

headliner is final set. hopefully soon🤪😎

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,791 Posts
I believe that is the automatic noise cancellation mic you have circled in purple.

·
Super Moderator
4,350 Posts
Black = Beautiful! : o D (y)

Reactions: ridinonrails

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
did some maintenance today + installation of a much needed part 😜

changed:
front differential fluid
rear differential fluid
transfer case fluid
oil change
stillen rear sway bar with energy suspension bushing + lateral links & godspeed endlinks.

front differential.

rear differential

stillen sway bar vs oem

stillen rear sway bar installed with energy suspension bushings, energy suspension lateral links & godspeed adjustable endlinks

car feels more planted and turns way better than stock. i believe it will get better when i lower car (on rs*r downs or bc coilovers) + get wheels/tires (fatter/wider).

·
Super Moderator
4,350 Posts
You da man! Nice.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
@ridinonrails nice work, man! I just noticed that on AWD the lateral locks are on the outside. On my RWD, they're on the inner side.

And speaking of Godspeed, did you see that guy who allegedly lost control of his Q50 and hit the barrier after his rear control arm snapped and then blamed it on the manufacturer (Godspeed)?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
@ridinonrails nice work, man! I just noticed that on AWD the lateral locks are on the outside. On my RWD, they're on the inner side.

And speaking of Godspeed, did you see that guy who allegedly lost control of his Q50 and hit the barrier after his rear control arm snapped and then blamed it on the manufacturer (Godspeed)?

View attachment 94175
you highlighted the front sway bar (i didn't change) however, i do have upgraded energy suspension bushings + lateral locks for it as well. not sure what sway bar link i will go with for the front.

na, i didnt hear about dude but at least with the sway bar links if they do go out, i can still drive car. control arms are a different story. if you have link, please post.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
you highlighted the front sway bar (i didn't change) however, i do have upgraded energy suspension bushings + lateral locks for it as well. not sure what sway bar link i will go with for the front.

na, i didnt hear about dude but at least with the sway bar links if they do go out, i can still drive car. control arms are a different story. if you have link, please post.
Yeah, the front sway bar. I didn't know there's a difference in the position of the locks between AWD and RWD. It appears that the bend on AWD anti-sway bar is closer to bracket, thus not enough space on the inner part.

I'll see if I can find the FB post, the comments were hilarious. It's totally unrelated to your mods here, I just recalled it since you used Godspeed. It was a self-inflicted mistake on his part IMO, since it wasn't really meant for a Q50.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
Sway bar looks good. I would have went with the Hotchkis but anything has to be better than OEM.

I saw that post on the Godspeed control arm and that dude was cambered out of this atmosphere. Out of his mind

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Sway bar looks good. I would have went with the Hotchkis but anything has to be better than OEM.

I saw that post on the Godspeed control arm and that dude was cambered out of this atmosphere. Out of his mind
yeah and his FB is wide open so trolls are feasting on it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
did a little wrenching today 😁 . installed:
AEM drop in filters
BMS inlets (wrapped in DEI reflective gold)
ADD W1 V3.3 Oil Catch Can
JB4 (non bluetooth, map 1 for now)

let's get started

photos of my turbos.. 1st one is drivers side

passenger side

all done, everything installed !

now, to the PITA points of the install:
1. oil catch can was a semi breeze. routing tubing wasn't too hard, the 3rd, longest tube that went to passenger side needs the passenger side intake assembly to be taken out.
2. the bms inlets, driver side, a breeze, passenger side, a PITA. word of advice, have a swivel socket (preferable 3/8" AND lithium grease for the inlet to slip on passenger turbo, its hard to access and push on).
3. the AEM filters were a little pain to fit into stock airbox, had to muscle it in.
4. jb4 was 1 2 3 easy.

see next slide for jb4 info
*next week hopefully installing sport bumper, frozen boost 118 heat exchanger & plm lower downpipes. 😁

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
now, just learning this jb4 stuff..

installed and working (map 1 for now)

i have a 3rd to 4th gear pull data logged but it says my file extension is not allowed (xlsx).

also, right after i installed everything, the car was idling weird, fluctuating up and down from like 510 to 700ish. come to find out, the passenger side inlet slipped off turbo cause i didn't have it on all the way and pushed back.

well, i will sign up on n54tech.com and try to upload my data log there for review.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
i just scene shot it..

anything i should be looking for ? i do not know how to read this, first time. car is on 93 octane (mobil gas)

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's your body at +3 or +4? Your avg peak is about 13.5psi. Your timing is also pretty good. What gear was this log made?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
It's your body at +3 or +4? Your avg peak is about 13.5psi. Your timing is also pretty good. What gear was this log made?
i'm not too sure, i picked the default map 1 and didn't changed anything. that pull was a full 3rd to 4th pull (let off and stop at change into 5th). started at about 2500rpm, 3rd, changed at 6000rpm into 4th, then changed into 5th at 6500rpm.

tomorrow i will be back out, will do another 3rd to 4th full pull and also get the particulars/info

61 - 80 of 102 Posts