Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
installed tanabe front strut tower bar.. straight forward. unable to 'feel' anything (maybe when i get sway bars, i'll feel it working 🤔🤔🤔)

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,513 Posts
Does the engine cover not fit with the strut tower brace?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Does the engine cover not fit with the strut tower brace?
not sure but i don't think it would cause the bar is very very close to the intercoolers.. i'll try either mon or tues..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
finally added my sport pedals. for reference, see these two threads for part numbers and procedure.

Sport Pedals and Foot Rest

OEM Aluminum Sport Pedal Installation - MyG37

I got gas pedal from salvage yard, brake and dead pedal directly from nissan, brand new.

before:

after:

gas pedal, 1 2 3 easy. brake pedal, a little PITA. i did the opposite of what the prior thread stated, i installed top top first, then folded the bottom and manhandled it on.

dead pedal, only 'hard' thing was the little metal clips/retainers. i used a pick and needle nose pliers.

this is the relearn procedure. i went one step further and had disconnected the battery prior to working on car.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,513 Posts
Nice. Yikes, I don't think I have ever paid attention to what the non-sport pedals looked like. Nasty. Great upgrade.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
so, got my rs400 q60 dome/map light assembly in yesterday. proceeded to swap units.

my stock q50 unit, painted interior black. notice the buttons are still tan🤮

the 2 units side by side.

had to swap over this part of the unit from my q50 to the q60 unit (purple arrow, brown connector). i don't know what it is, possibly the mic unit, not sure.

and installed. fits exact, which leads me to believe that the q60 sunvisors 'probably' will also fit.

headliner is final set. hopefully soon🤪😎

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,617 Posts
I believe that is the automatic noise cancellation mic you have circled in purple.

·
Super Moderator
3,513 Posts
Black = Beautiful! : o D (y)

Reactions: ridinonrails

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
did some maintenance today + installation of a much needed part 😜

changed:
front differential fluid
rear differential fluid
transfer case fluid
oil change
stillen rear sway bar with energy suspension bushing + lateral links & godspeed endlinks.

front differential.

rear differential

stillen sway bar vs oem

stillen rear sway bar installed with energy suspension bushings, energy suspension lateral links & godspeed adjustable endlinks

car feels more planted and turns way better than stock. i believe it will get better when i lower car (on rs*r downs or bc coilovers) + get wheels/tires (fatter/wider).

·
Super Moderator
3,513 Posts
You da man! Nice.

Reactions: ridinonrails

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
@ridinonrails nice work, man! I just noticed that on AWD the lateral locks are on the outside. On my RWD, they're on the inner side.

And speaking of Godspeed, did you see that guy who allegedly lost control of his Q50 and hit the barrier after his rear control arm snapped and then blamed it on the manufacturer (Godspeed)?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
@ridinonrails nice work, man! I just noticed that on AWD the lateral locks are on the outside. On my RWD, they're on the inner side.

And speaking of Godspeed, did you see that guy who allegedly lost control of his Q50 and hit the barrier after his rear control arm snapped and then blamed it on the manufacturer (Godspeed)?

View attachment 94175
you highlighted the front sway bar (i didn't change) however, i do have upgraded energy suspension bushings + lateral locks for it as well. not sure what sway bar link i will go with for the front.

na, i didnt hear about dude but at least with the sway bar links if they do go out, i can still drive car. control arms are a different story. if you have link, please post.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
you highlighted the front sway bar (i didn't change) however, i do have upgraded energy suspension bushings + lateral locks for it as well. not sure what sway bar link i will go with for the front.

na, i didnt hear about dude but at least with the sway bar links if they do go out, i can still drive car. control arms are a different story. if you have link, please post.
Yeah, the front sway bar. I didn't know there's a difference in the position of the locks between AWD and RWD. It appears that the bend on AWD anti-sway bar is closer to bracket, thus not enough space on the inner part.

I'll see if I can find the FB post, the comments were hilarious. It's totally unrelated to your mods here, I just recalled it since you used Godspeed. It was a self-inflicted mistake on his part IMO, since it wasn't really meant for a Q50.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sway bar looks good. I would have went with the Hotchkis but anything has to be better than OEM.

I saw that post on the Godspeed control arm and that dude was cambered out of this atmosphere. Out of his mind

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Sway bar looks good. I would have went with the Hotchkis but anything has to be better than OEM.

I saw that post on the Godspeed control arm and that dude was cambered out of this atmosphere. Out of his mind
yeah and his FB is wide open so trolls are feasting on it.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts