Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
All you really need is a 4th gear pull from about 2500 and up. What octane are you using?
ok, will do tomorrow and log. 93 octane mobil gas

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
jb4 settings (map 1)

log 1

log 2

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
847 Posts
That's a safe map to use while you have no bluetooth connectivity to monitor things while you drive. Under/at 13psi, car definitely isn't lightning fast yet but should feel a little extra power

Reactions: ridinonrails

·
Registered
9 Posts
results from dealership, smh, we will keep track of turbos

View attachment 90326
View attachment 90327
Hey I see you posted the above a while ago, but do you mind sharing what was wrong with your AC compressor? Lately my AC has either not been working or working poorly, so I'm bringing my car to Harte (sadly) this Friday. Was wondering if what you experienced is similar to what I am experiencing.

Also, regarding the window switch that was peeling, was it the chrome on the window switches that peeled?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Hey I see you posted the above a while ago, but do you mind sharing what was wrong with your AC compressor? Lately my AC has either not been working or working poorly, so I'm bringing my car to Harte (sadly) this Friday. Was wondering if what you experienced is similar to what I am experiencing.

Also, regarding the window switch that was peeling, was it the chrome on the window switches that peeled?
my AC was making a screeching sound (heard it driving along walls and parked cars). knew that we have the 'ac compressor' issue so took it right away. its was during the winter so i didn't have ac on a that time.

:sidenote: i brought my car from harte infiniti 😁

yes, the chrome on the drivers window switch, driver window up/down switch peeled enough to stick me everything i used it. replaced no problem (under bumper to bumper warranty)

·
Registered
9 Posts
my AC was making a screeching sound (heard it driving along walls and parked cars). knew that we have the 'ac compressor' issue so took it right away. its was during the winter so i didn't have ac on a that time.

:sidenote: i brought my car from harte infiniti 😁

yes, the chrome on the drivers window switch, driver window up/down switch peeled enough to stick me everything i used it. replaced no problem (under bumper to bumper warranty)
Hmm okay, I don't think mine is making any strange noises. I'll have to pop the hood and listen tomorrow. I've been taking my beater car the past few weeks, especially on these hot days since the Q50 AC has been unreliable.

And nice! How was your experience with them? Mine was so so, and this Friday will be the first time I'm bringing it to them for an issue. I've been doing my own oil/ filter changes and tire rotations so I've avoided them for the most part.

And sweet good to know, I'll bring that up this Friday as well. The chrome has begun to peel on my driver's side switches as well and I can feel it flaking every time I put the window up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hmm okay, I don't think mine is making any strange noises. I'll have to pop the hood and listen tomorrow. I've been taking my beater car the past few weeks, especially on these hot days since the Q50 AC has been unreliable.

And nice! How was your experience with them? Mine was so so, and this Friday will be the first time I'm bringing it to them for an issue. I've been doing my own oil/ filter changes and tire rotations so I've avoided them for the most part.

And sweet good to know, I'll bring that up this Friday as well. The chrome has begun to peel on my driver's side switches as well and I can feel it flaking every time I put the window up.
you won't hear it at idle. its under a little load where you'll hear the screeching (at least in my case). check here on forum, plenty of people have gone thru this, some worst than others.

i just brought the car from them. they are 1+ hours away from me. i have 3 other dealerships before i get to them

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,350 Posts
I was able to warranty out my blinker stalk due to the cheep chrome sticker getting wavy. And under my driver side window switch, the chrome has started to come undone and I can feel it underneath. But I didn't think to ask about that. I just may. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
was wondering why hood wasn't closing properly on left side 🤔 this is why:

i will find another position for tube. also, routed jb4 wire away from OCC as well.

·
Registered
610 Posts
was wondering why hood wasn't closing properly on left side 🤔 this is why:

View attachment 94895

View attachment 94896

View attachment 94897

i will find another position for tube. also, routed jb4 wire away from OCC as well.
That one tube is definitely the reason its causing the hood to close a bit improperly. The ADD W1 V3 and V3.3 both barely clear the hood, literally barely. I believe its only a few CM before the ADD W1 hits the the black fabric thing that's under the hood.

If you can't find another way to reroute the JB4 wire, it should be fine on top of the OCC. But the tube needs to be moved for sure.

I would recommend leaving the OCC where it is (same position to mine) and try to move that one tube (that's on top of the strut bar that seems to be squeezed by the hood) to under the strut bear and near the strut tophats. If you want, you can try to zip tie the tubes in that corner too to make it look a bit tidy.

Let us know how it goes!

By the way. You can check out N54 tech for a lot of JB4 stuff. But I believe you can run up to Map 3 (5.5-6 PSI) on 91 Oct on Premium/Luxe/SS models so you should be good with 93 Oct.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
That one tube is definitely the reason its causing the hood to close a bit improperly. The ADD W1 V3 and V3.3 both barely clear the hood, literally barely. I believe its only a few CM before the ADD W1 hits the the black fabric thing that's under the hood.

If you can't find another way to reroute the JB4 wire, it should be fine on top of the OCC. But the tube needs to be moved for sure.

I would recommend leaving the OCC where it is (same position to mine) and try to move that one tube (that's on top of the strut bar that seems to be squeezed by the hood) to under the strut bear and near the strut tophats. If you want, you can try to zip tie the tubes in that corner too to make it look a bit tidy.

Let us know how it goes!

By the way. You can check out N54 tech for a lot of JB4 stuff. Its been awhile since I had JB4. But I believe you can run up to Map 3 (5.5-6 PSI) on 91 Oct on Premium/Luxe/SS models so you should be good with 93 Oct.
i think this is what i will do. the jb4 wire i already rerouted.

i switched to map6 this morning (5psi peak)

if anything is wrong here, please, let me know. lol.
i will log on the way home today from work.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i think this is what i will do. the jb4 wire i already rerouted.

i switched to map6 this morning (5psi peak)

View attachment 94902

if anything is wrong here, please, let me know. lol.
i will log on the way home today from work.
Yeah log this and see how it is first.

I would personally do this for the beginning:
1500: 1.0
2000: 2.0
2500: 3.0
3000: 4.0
3500: 5.0

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
map1 last Friday

map6 today coming home from work

map6, today, 3rd gear pull only

not sure yet how to upload or attach the csv file here

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
over weekend, installed the 'boostinmotion ebay special' BOVs lol. install was a PITA ! the boost reference in back of intake manifold was a pain (u need angled, long nose, needle nose pliers) and the worm clamps on silicone couplers (turbo to intercoolers) were not in any ideal position (especially the bottom one on passenger side) u DEFINITELY need a 7mm, 1/4" swivel socket to make it easier.

other than that, i'd say total job was a 6/10 difficulty.

tee fitting is from conceptz performance

BOVs and silicone couplers from ebay
*i have to reinstall cause couplers are taller than OEM, so i need cut them down to size.

instructions for install (follow CZP install), aslo, it list the hose sizes for the various vacuum lines and size for the hose clamps (i brought a various kit of all sizes from ebay to cover all)

and finally a little sound clip.. stationary, reving..

*sidebar, emptied OCC too. this is after roughly 3500miles

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,350 Posts
Great job ridin! Thanks for the detailed post.

·
Registered
610 Posts
over weekend, installed the 'boostinmotion ebay special' BOVs lol. install was a PITA ! the boost reference in back of intake manifold was a pain (u need angled, long nose, needle nose pliers) and the worm clamps on silicone couplers (turbo to intercoolers) were not in any ideal position (especially the bottom one on passenger side) u DEFINITELY need a 7mm, 1/4" swivel socket to make it easier.

other than that, i'd say total job was a 6/10 difficulty.

View attachment 96464

View attachment 96465

View attachment 96466

View attachment 96467

View attachment 96468

tee fitting is from conceptz performance

BOVs and silicone couplers from ebay
*i have to reinstall cause couplers are taller than OEM, so i need cut them down to size.

instructions for install (follow CZP install), aslo, it list the hose sizes for the various vacuum lines and size for the hose clamps (i brought a various kit of all sizes from ebay to cover all)
View attachment 96470

and finally a little sound clip.. stationary, reving..

*sidebar, emptied OCC too. this is after roughly 3500miles

View attachment 96471
Thanks the post.

I have done the install myself too. It was the worst install I have ever done on a car. It took about 7 hours with lunch break.

The hardest part was trying to get into the back of the engine bay and those tight spaces. It would definitely help if you get a L shaped wrench and some grease/oil to move lube up the hoses.

I think most people that did the BOV install would agree its the hardest piece of work ever.

·
Super Moderator
4,350 Posts
Thanks the post.

I have done the install myself too. It was the worst install I have ever done on a car. It took about 7 hours with lunch break.

The hardest part was trying to get into the back of the engine bay and those tight spaces. It would definitely help if you get a L shaped wrench and some grease/oil to move lube up the hoses.

I think most people that did the BOV install would agree its the hardest piece of work ever.
"Would you rather" game?

Would you rather?.....

Install BOVs
Install full downpipes

:)

Reactions: DrJason

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Thanks the post.

DEFINITELY. i dropped my angle pliers TWICE trying to install the tee fitting.. smh..

lithium grease works wonders on the hose.. just a dab to slide them into place

Reactions: DrJason

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
88 Posts
I didn't have any problems with the vacuum fitting behind the plenum. I used a Torque Solutions kit so that probably why it was easier. It only took me like 2 hours to complete the job.

Full downpipes are a PITA. 7 hours total. If I was to do it again, maybe 5 hours.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts