Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am looking at two sets of rims for my car. Its a 2014 Q50 Premium on stock suspension. My two choices right now are Velgan VMB5s 20x9 front & 20x10.5 rear with a +20 front and +10 rear offset on 255 front and 285 rear tires or XXR 527s on 19x8.75 front and 19X9.75 rear with a +15 offset. Before I make a purchase, I want to make sure they will fit without me having to camber/roll out the fender.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Josh,

Those wheels you are looking at are much wider than your stock rims and wheel setup.

Let take the first option of front tires/wheels you are looking at. You are looking at wheels of 255mm which are 10 - 30mm wider depending on which tire config (225 or 245mm) you have on your car. Further you are going from 7.5/8.5mm rim width to 9mm so you are adding another 0.5 - 1.5mm. And even further you are going to a more aggressive offset which will increase the likely hood of the wheels/tires poking out further from your fender. I have not looked for the offset of the stock wheels on the 2014 Q50 Premium, so I cannot confirm how far +35 will be from stock -- your manual will have the offset listed on the wheel size page; the offset should be in parenthesis. The rears you are looking at are even more aggressive with the 10.5/285/+45, but the rear fenders are a little wider, so you can usually go more aggressive but you are going BIG on your option 1.

On the contrary your option 2, looks a ton more reasonable but with a +15 offset you are not going to get the concave look you are likely looking for.

I think you will get a significant amount of poke (extension beyond the fender) on option 1. Also note that you need to be concerned with clearance on your brakes.

For comparison the Red Sport has the following default fitment and you are thinking of going bigger.
Front 19x9 +47 offset - 245/40ZR19
Rear 19x9.5 +50 offset - 265/35ZR19

I changed my wheels but kept the exact same tire size. Here is my config on the '17 Red Sport with MRR FS1 Wheels
Front 19x8.5 +35 5.6mm poke
Rear 19x9.5 +40 10.0mm poke

Refer to the post linked below so that you can see some of the pics on how the wheels looks with that offset and size (white Q50).

I could have gone on the fronts with 19x8.5 +30 which would have given me a 10.7mm poke.

By the way the Black Q50 #2 in my post had 19x8.5 +40, with 245mm tires all around. You may be able to notice that the front wheels poke out more than on the white Q50.

Here are two sites that can help you calculate fitment.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/infiniti/q50/2014/

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Boxy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!
The guy with the Velgan VMB5 20x9 front & 20x10.5 rear told me the offset was +20 on the front and +10 on the rear contrary to earlier. Would that reduce the poke? Also, how can I be sure they will clear the brakes (non sport)?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Punch in the numbers for your new wheels and stock wheels on the "will they fit" site. The site will give you pictorial/image representation of how your wheels will fit in comparison to each other from an overall dimension.

The only way to know if they will clear the breaks is you need to get the measurement specs (back of wheel to face of hub) for the wheel you are looking to buy. You may be able to find this by digging through the internet and manufacturer sites, or calling/emailing the manufacturer directly. They should be able to give you a diagram. Again, the measurement you will be interested in the distance from the back of the wheel to the hub face where it connects to the car.

The best way to know 100% is to do a dry fit with the wheels you are buying, before you actually buy them. Don't know if that is an option for you.

BTW the +10 and +20 will be better than the +35 and +45 he was telling you before. These will poke 25mm less on both, that sounds more reasonable and may work with your car.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Reactions: Boxy

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
313 Posts
The offsets mentioned in the initial post seem too low (wheel will stick out of the fender?). My rear 19x11 has an offset of 50 and my 19x10 fronts are offset 35. I wouldn't want either poking a mm more than where they sit now.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
The post was edited after I submitted my response, hence why my response looks like I was smoking something... he originally had the offsets at +35 (F) and +45 (R) then changed it based on information from the seller to +10 (F) and +20 (R). I agree with you all, something is wrong as those offset of +10 and +20 are suspect, since that wheel model is considered to be concave. With the +10/+20 offset I would expect the wheel face to be pretty much flush/flat to the front edge of the wheel. I could be wrong but some info does not look correct.

I hope he figures it out. Selecting wheels is a super fun activity, but you could be in for major disappointment if your offset, width, tire selection, etc. are off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello everyone,

Bought a set of barely used Curva 20" C46 wheels found at the link below and have a few questions.
I assumed as the main car used to promote these wheels was a Q60, the bolt pattern/space between the BBK would be just fine and I wouldn't have to worry about spacing. This unfortunately is not the case and I have the thickness of a hair or less between the wheel and the brake.

Reading up on issues with aftermarket wheels vibrating, I am concerned with what setup I should go for with these wheels given my car.

My Q50 is a 2017 Silver Sport RWD.

The Curva C46 wheels specs are as follow:
Front: 20x 9.0J
Rear: 20x 10.5J

I've seen quite a few setups from Fitment industries recommend tire sizes for the front and back as follows.

Front: 255/35/ZR20
Rear: 275/30/ZR20

This fitment would lead me think that the rear would level with the front tires of the car. Would there be any particular issues with this setup, or would anyone be able to comment one the most optimal setup for my ride?

Any help would be much appreciated as I plan to take this process slow instead of just throwing just anything on the car.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Hello everyone,

Bought a set of barely used Curva 20" C46 wheels found at the link below and have a few questions.
I assumed as the main car used to promote these wheels was a Q60, the bolt pattern/space between the BBK would be just fine and I wouldn't have to worry about spacing. This unfortunately is not the case and I have the thickness of a hair or less between the wheel and the brake.

Reading up on issues with aftermarket wheels vibrating, I am concerned with what setup I should go for with these wheels given my car.

My Q50 is a 2017 Silver Sport RWD.

The Curva C46 wheels specs are as follow:
Front: 20x 9.0J
Rear: 20x 10.5J

I've seen quite a few setups from Fitment industries recommend tire sizes for the front and back as follows.

Front: 255/35/ZR20
Rear: 275/30/ZR20

This fitment would lead me think that the rear would level with the front tires of the car. Would there be any particular issues with this setup, or would anyone be able to comment one the most optimal setup for my ride?

Any help would be much appreciated as I plan to take this process slow instead of just throwing just anything on the car.
here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts