Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will attempt to track my car at a road course. updated the tires to michs, exhaust, tune, stiffened up the susp in rear. upgraded brake lines, inter cooler, rotors, pads, brake fluid etc.
the car feels tight.
anyone else doing road courses with their q50rs?

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I have taken HPDE classes at Palmer Motorsports Park in MA.

Charbotec XP12 front, XP10 rear pads, DOT 4, SS brake lines, 2 piece brake rotors, forged rims, and Pilot Sport 4S's, tune, anti sway bar.

That did well. Novice class... I did well on the streights keeping up with most, but it's 4000 lbs so the 911's I waved them by on the corners. 125 MPH to 40 MPH at the end of the long streight.

The corners melted my 4S's, with chunks stuck to the inside of my rims. Figure a good 25 laps used 50% of tread.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Organism Font Book Material property Magenta
Plant Water resources Ecoregion Infrastructure Natural landscape

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I had to get a SNELL rated helmet as the don't allow DOT helmets. It also had to be <5 years old. I also had to hard mount a fire extinguisher in the cabin of the car. I put it behind the passenger seat on the floor.

Every thing has to be removed from the car on the track. Nothing in the glove compartment or arm rest box. Trunk 100% empty too. The car did feel lighter w/o all that crap out of it. I have a spair tire/jack.

We also had to install the tow hook. I put it in the front. FEB has to be OFF. All windows UP so I had my AC on. We had an instructor and were in headset communication via hard wire not bluetooth.

In classroom instruction and on track divided by class to keep the slower inexperienced students separate from the fast guys.

Track insurance is available at around $1000 for the weekend. Figure $500 used up in tires from the wear. 100 octane was available at $12 gal. Add in an oil and filter change after the weekend driving. That stuff adds up.I figured it was about $2000 for the 2 days of classes. I also have tracked at Thompson Speedway in CT.

Lots of 911's and assorted big $ cars, however a few Z's in the mix. I was the only Q50 and no Q60's.

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
I will attempt to track my car at a road course. updated the tires to michs, exhaust, tune, stiffened up the susp in rear. upgraded brake lines, inter cooler, rotors, pads, brake fluid etc.
the car feels tight.
which michelins, what size, and on what wheels.

are you awd or rwd?

RS SS or luxe?

what suspension?

what camber settings?

which brake pads?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mich as 245 265 pilots rwd.
RS
stillin sway bar rear, alumnum cups from z1to stiffin the rear, stainless steel braided lines brake lines, motul 5.1 brake fluid, larger intercooler, z1 upgraded rotors, yellow pads. tune and full exhaust . ams cold air intake. should make rwhp 450. looking to do techincal road track for fun to see what these mods do for me.
i do not see much of these vehicles on the track.
when i race i will post.

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
91 Posts
the car feels tight.
Yesss. . Started last year and love it. Q def isn't a track car, but tons of fun, regardless.

·
Registered
2020 Q50 RS AWD
91 Posts
mich as 245 265 pilots rwd.
RS
stillin sway bar rear, alumnum cups from z1to stiffin the rear, stainless steel braided lines brake lines, motul 5.1 brake fluid, larger intercooler, z1 upgraded rotors, yellow pads. tune and full exhaust . ams cold air intake. should make rwhp 450. looking to do techincal road track for fun to see what these mods do for me.
i do not see much of these vehicles on the track.
when i race i will post.
Nice build. High Performance Summer tires would help a ton, but def wear quickly like John said.

Did you ever get a chance to hit a track?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,187 Posts
Reactions: Q602B

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Wow, lots of guardrails and little run-off area. Are there a couple body shops right outside the main gate?
Nothing outside the gates. It's out in the boon docks. But they do have a bunch of garage spaces to work on your car and set up your support team, if you have one.

No clue how much they charge per day for those big bays.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wanted to try it for fun, took mine out for a few laps yesterday on Stadium section of Calabogie Motorsports park. Stock Q50Silver AWD . Could smell the brake pads after a few laps. Good enough for me . The Q pulls pretty hard but scrubbing off that speed definitely required better pads than stock. Usually I track a 370Z and will stick with that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.