Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50 3.0T
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would you guys choose as your tuner for your VR30s out of these two guys and have you heard any good or bad things from either tuner

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
854 Posts
Hussain @ Racebox is doing some amazing work!

Reactions: PerfectWhiteQ50S

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,668 Posts
Who would you guys choose as your tuner for your VR30s out of these two guys and have you heard any good or bad things from either tuner
Racebox is the new kid on the block everyones talking about and putting down some great numbers and times. Building up a solid track record and fan base.

never heard of rs-enthalpy till now, looks like he tuned the two fastest NA 370z running 11.9 and 12.0 which is pretty impressive. Seems to be pretty legit tuner looking at FB and IG, but not sure how much VR30 specific experience he has. Most likely not nearly as much as racebox.

Until I see more from rs id go racebox.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
399 Posts
Most would consider Racebox second or first with AMS in VR30 tuning right now.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Any reason why?
Ive yet to hear a bad experience with Racebox and while he is an Ecutek tuner, he's been open minded enough to work with HP Tuners on their TCU tune that even AMS isn't doing right now. Seems to put down fast cars and not blow them up.

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
287 Posts
I don't have any experience with Rsenthalpy. I am currently being tuned by Racebox and I cannot say enough good things about the experience. Responding to DM, emails on weekends, at night(not expected). Over the top customer service, not to mention he spent some time with me walking me through what parts I should purchase, what parts to avoid etc. to be able to reach my power goals reliably, all before I even spent a dime with him.

However with all that being said, **** Ecuteck, which you have to deal with regardless of tuner

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I don't have any experience with Rsenthalpy. I am currently being tuned by Racebox and I cannot say enough good things about the experience. Responding to DM, emails on weekends, at night(not expected). Over the top customer service, not to mention he spent some time with me walking me through what parts I should purchase, what parts to avoid etc. to be able to reach my power goals reliably, all before I even spent a dime with him.

However with all that being said, **** Ecuteck, which you have to deal with regardless of tuner
I'm waiting for HPT to get launch mode integrated and probably buying an MPV2 and doing it myself. So over the Echtek manopoly.

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
854 Posts
Having worked with Speciality Z, AMS, and Racebox on tunes - I can say customer service ranks in this order:

1) Hussain @ Racebox
2) Seb @ Speciality Z
3) Dan (RIP) @ AMS - He was my tuner but we did not finish the project - honestly AMS is just too busy and customer service has greatly suffered

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
287 Posts
Having worked with Speciality Z, AMS, and Racebox on tunes - I can say customer service ranks in this order:

1) Hussain @ Racebox
2) Seb @ Speciality Z
3) Dan (RIP) @ AMS - He was my tuner but we did not finish the project - honestly AMS is just too busy and customer service has greatly suffered
Honestly AMS backlog is one of the main reasons I went with Racebox as well as the top notch customer service. I can understand 6-8 weeks for an exhaust but 6-8 weeks to just receive your initial file? Insane

Reactions: Starkmad83

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Honestly AMS backlog is one of the main reasons I went with Racebox as well as the top notch customer service. I can understand 6-8 weeks for an exhaust but 6-8 weeks to just receive your initial file? Insane
Careful....before AMS army comes in here flaming. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Any reason why?
All these replies are why.

the prevalent, reoccurring theme is customer service, with trust through reliable tunes a very close second. other companies are competent, but these replies show you what good service does for a business.

Mark over at SonicTuned in FL is also very good.

Racebox is the new kid on the block everyones talking about and putting down some great numbers and times. Building up a solid track record and fan base.

never heard of rs-enthalpy till now, looks like he tuned the two fastest NA 370z running 11.9 and 12.0 which is pretty impressive. Seems to be pretty legit tuner looking at FB and IG, but not sure how much VR30 specific experience he has. Most likely not nearly as much as racebox.

Until I see more from rs id go racebox.
Most would consider Racebox second or first with AMS in VR30 tuning right now.
Ive yet to hear a bad experience with Racebox and while he is an Ecutek tuner, he's been open minded enough to work with HP Tuners on their TCU tune that even AMS isn't doing right now. Seems to put down fast cars and not blow them up.

1) Hussain @ Racebox
2) Seb @ Speciality Z

Reactions: Starkmad83

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sonic Tuned is another good option. He's worked with Hussain and also has outstanding customer service and has pretty good numbers and also is a former Infiniti master tech. Racebox is also growing pretty rapidly and they're expanding to other platforms so in case you have to wait for one I'd highly recommend sonic.

·
Registered
86 Posts
All these replies are why.

the prevalent, reoccurring theme is customer service, with trust through reliable tunes a very close second. other companies are competent, but these replies show you what good service does for a business.

Mark over at SonicTuned in FL is also very good.
Sonic Tuned is in CT :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
yikes, thanks lol. not sure why i thought that. i must be thinking of someone else and got confused.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Sonic Tuned is another good option. He's worked with Hussain and also has outstanding customer service and has pretty good numbers and also is a former Infiniti master tech. Racebox is also growing pretty rapidly and they're expanding to other platforms so in case you have to wait for one I'd highly recommend sonic.
I've had some good conversation with Mark. Seems like a good dude.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
226 Posts
Don't mean to steal a post but since we're already in the realm of tuners, do you guys know good tuners down in FL, South FL to be exact? So far I only seen two, Billet Designs and Temis Motorsports.

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50 3.0T
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't mean to steal a post but since we're already in the realm of tuners, do you guys know good tuners down in FL, South FL to be exact? So far I only seen two, Billet Designs and Temis Motorsports.
Im from the Cape Coral/fort Myers area hence why I was looking into Rs Enthalpy they are in Tampa

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Im from the Cape Coral/fort Myers area hence why I was looking into Rs Enthalpy they are in Tampa
It doesn't make me feel great when their website doesn't even call out Q50/Vr30 tuning specifically.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts