Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try these out yet? Compatible with AVS and DDS system equipped on Infiniti Q50 models.

Thoughts? Is it worth $2800?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,849 Posts
Not only did you include a product link, but you did a hyperlink. Good man!

If anyone has ordered these, it might be @jodedor. Here is his original thread. Not sure if he ever pulled the trigger or not. I think he wanted custom spring rates that would add another $1,000 or so!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My profession is email marketing. Can't get lazy! Although, I've slipped on a couple post I think... everyone has their off days. :) Wow I didn't know custom spring rates were possible. And for another $1000? Now this is tuning! Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Interesting. Looks like it is RWD only. I wonder if they are producing an AWD version.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
They do for the 2017+ Q60 AWDs...:whistle:
Seems odd. Aren't the platforms on the Q50 and Q60 pretty much identical? Maybe there is enough difference that there is a compatibility issue....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Seems odd. Aren't the platforms on the Q50 and Q60 pretty much identical? Maybe there is enough difference that there is a compatibility issue....
Major differences in weight and weight distribution.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Please read my original thread. It is not only for RWD. They support both Q50 and Q60, RWD and AWD.

I called them and spoke with them.

I haven't checked their web-page lately, but when I posted my information, I was told that their website has not been updated with both AWD and RWD. You can call them and order.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I'm stepping up to the plate - upgrading the suspension on my '17 Q60 AWD.

Ordered the RS-R Best*I Active C/Os, and associated SPL hardware yesterday (4/28). Parts should arrive next week at my installer, who is an authorized SPL Parts dealer.

Here's the laundry list:

Note: I already have the FRT & RR SPL Adj Endlinks, with the stock FSB and Stillen RSB.

I partially funded this project with the recently-received stimulus check, received a modest Covid discount on parts & labor, and there-by supporting my installer's small race shop. Win-win.

Not going to crazy on lowering or stance - a modest 1" drop, which is about where the RS-R's are initially set up out-of-the-box. Looking forward to some weekend HPDEs (when they resume).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh hell yes, I cannot wait to see the results!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Oh hell yes, I cannot wait to see the results!
Me, too. Got it successfully loaded on the trailer yesterday for its trip to OR, where the race shop is located (Portland area).

The C/Os were delivered to the shop today. The SPL suspension bits arrived late last week. I also received last week a Tanabe Strut Bar I ordered eons ago, so I asked the shop to install that, too, since they were installing the C/Os anyways. Assuming no hiccups, I should have my Q back on Friday.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
What does it cost to have your car transported to Portland from Seattle? Just curious. Who are you using?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What does it cost to have your car transported to Portland from Seattle? Just curious. Who are you using?
So I was looking for an authorized SPL dealer within the PNW to perform the install work, and AR Motorsports just outside Portland popped up in my search. While I was contemplating a couple of shops closer to Seattle, the owner of AR Motorsports reached out with an email stating their estimate would also include complimentary pickup and delivery of my Q with an enclosed trailer during the period of the Stay-At-Home orders for OR (& WA, too).

Based on my discussions with the owner about what I wanted to accomplish, and his offer for complimentary door-to-door transport, I decided to go with AR Motorsports.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
Wow...now that's service.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Update: Suspension installation completed today.

On the Q60, the rear suspension removal/installation required removal of the rear seat, parcel shelf, and the side panels. On the front end, I opted to not install the Tanabe Strut Bar, since it interferes with the Mishimoto Catch Can bracket, and I didn't want any modifications to make the Tanabe fit (maybe at some point, I'll try the Cusco version, instead).

The shop will perform the 4-wheel alignment and corner balance on Monday, with the return of the car to me on Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
Man, you've got me curious now. Suspension improvements is where I'm thinking I need to go next. I'll be very curious as to how your car turns out. Since AR Motorsports is relatively close to me, the "Here's my stuff; now put it all together and make it work properly" mindset is right up my alley!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I'll be very curious as to how your car turns out.
Yes, me, too. You could say I'm rolling the dice here with about $5k in suspension upgrades, especially since the community has relatively no experience with these "Active" RS-R C/O P/Ns, and relatively few have invested in the SPL suspension bits. The short-sightedness of Infiniti engineers making it painful to access the rear perches in the Q60 forced me into making a decision of "do it right, or don't do it at all". That's why I waited to perform this upgrade - if KW had come through with their DDC C/Os, I may have gone in that direction, but RS-R got my vote once these C/Os hit the market.

It also helped sway my decision for taking it to AR Racing as they are an authorized dealer for SPL, one of two in OR, and they have experience installing and setting up their parts on Nissan platforms (370z, GT-R). Customer service from AR has great throughout the whole process.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
For $5K, it better make a big difference!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts