Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Update: Suspension installation completed today.

On the Q60, the rear suspension removal/installation required removal of the rear seat, parcel shelf, and the side panels. On the front end, I opted to not install the Tanabe Strut Bar, since it interferes with the Mishimoto Catch Can bracket, and I didn't want any modifications to make the Tanabe fit (maybe at some point, I'll try the Cusco version, instead).

The shop will perform the 4-wheel alignment and corner balance on Monday, with the return of the car to me on Tuesday.
Hold off on the corner balancing until after your springs settle.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
They do for the 2017+ Q60 AWDs...:whistle:
Finally. Just what I didn't need to hear. Uggg. Another $5K 🙄

You know I wanted to do this a year ago.

Bookmarked.. awaiting your review after the install. Thread marked Followed.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Update: Suspension installation completed today.

On the Q60, the rear suspension removal/installation required removal of the rear seat, parcel shelf, and the side panels. On the front end, I opted to not install the Tanabe Strut Bar, since it interferes with the Mishimoto Catch Can bracket, and I didn't want any modifications to make the Tanabe fit (maybe at some point, I'll try the Cusco version, instead).

The shop will perform the 4-wheel alignment and corner balance on Monday, with the return of the car to me on Tuesday.
Looking forward to a full detailed review. :)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Finally. Just what I didn't need to hear. Uggg. Another $5K 🙄
I'm curious if the labor for the Q50 would be the same as the Q60, or potentially less? AR Racing spent most of the second day just on the rear component removal/installation. I don't know if accessing the rear suspension perches is any less of a headache on the Q50?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
I'm curious if the labor for the Q50 would be the same as the Q60, or potentially less? AR Racing spent most of the second day just on the rear component removal/installation. I don't know if accessing the rear suspension perches is any less of a headache on the Q50?
Same deal but a few inches more room. Still labor intensive I heard when I was considering manual adjusting coilovers back 1.5 years ago.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
Fantastic pictures.👍🏻👍🏻

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Same headache. That is why I had RSR coilover extenders added so I can adjust dampening.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Damn those are some good looking suspension bits!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,663 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,663 Posts
Ahhhhh! Blocked at work! You guys are killing me! lol
OK, I can see the pics now at home. Nice! Thanks! :)

P.S. I didn't realize the Q60 was a 4-seater!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
UPDATE: So a minor set-back with the suspension install. With the interior pieces still removed, during the test drive, a clunk was noted coming from the rear upper mounts. After further investigation, it appears a bushing in both rear C/Os is loose (mis-matched?), which is causing the clunking. After discussions with RS-R, a new pair of rear C/Os is getting assembled at their facility in California and will be shipped out ASAP.

In the meantime, I am taking the opportunity and have contracted with the Car Toys near AR Racing to install sound deadening material in the trunk and rear seat area. Car Toys will send a tech to the shop to perform the installation. I figured with the delay, and with the interior pieces already out of the car, it just made sense to do it now.

TBC...

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
Sounds like they are taking care of you. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts about the difference the sound deadening material makes.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts