Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50S AWD: Graphite Shadow / 2015 Q40 AWD (Daily)
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed RSR down springs on my Q50 over the weekend. Wish is sat a bit more level, I feel the back could be 1/2 inch lower. Overall very happy with the height and and ride.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
198 Posts
I think it looks good! I have been considering the same springs for my car. Would you mind posting a few more pics? Maybe one from the same angle but off the back corner, then one showing the side profile?

Reactions: NJZDMYZ

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it looks good! I have been considering the same springs for my car. Would you mind posting a few more pics? Maybe one from the same angle but off the back corner, then one showing the side profile?
Yeah I'll post more end of the week after I wash it and it's not raining outside.

Reactions: Darren Lewis

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Reactions: Salty79

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Red Sport
247 Posts
I think it looks super clean overall and the stance is nice. Agreed it would be perfect if the rear was about 1/2" lower...add a few weight plates in the trunk maybe? :LOL:

• Haha

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it looks super clean overall and the stance is nice. Agreed it would be perfect if the rear was about 1/2" lower...add a few weight plates in the trunk maybe? :LOL:
Maybe a full sized spare LOL

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Red Sport
247 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I love it! I’ve been on the fence about lowering my car, but yours looks so good I may just do it after all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
198 Posts
Looks great man! Same as the others, I have been on the fence about these exact springs, but this may sway me. And I don't think the rear needs to come down at all, I like the aggressive stance it provides. Drives me nuts when the rear sits too low and looks saggy.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
198 Posts
Also, meant to ask you how it rides...any noticeable difference when cruising? Feel any tighter taking aggressive turns?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, meant to ask you how it rides...any noticeable difference when cruising? Feel any tighter taking aggressive turns?
The ride is pretty good. It’s noticeably tougher over bumps but on smooth pavement it feels good. I feel if you are looking for a drop that’s not slammed, and you don’t plan on taking the car to track days this is perfect. I don’t drive the car a lot, and don’t plan on racing it so the cost and height was perfect.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey, can you give an update after driving on these? Any scraping driveways or anything?

Personally, I wish I could only dial in .5" drop all around, it's so close to where I want it and I'm afraid 1" is too low.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, can you give an update after driving on these? Any scraping driveways or anything?

Personally, I wish I could only dial in .5" drop all around, it's so close to where I want it and I'm afraid 1" is too low.
I had the same concerns as you, especially because the layout of my house is such a way the driveway dips down below street level under the first floor. This causes a pretty extreme angle pulling in the garage. When pulling in after the spring install my front lip lightly brushes the ground but not enough to really scrape my front lip. The ride itself is not bad at all but you can feel a bit more bounce over potholes which will typically come with any car that is lowered. I also only have 12k miles on my car so the factory suspension can support the springs but if I had higher miles I think I would have invested in coilovers. Below you can see the angle of my driveway, this was the clearance PRIOR to installing springs.

Side note: I have had multiple cars that have been slammed on coilovers and that gives me the experience of how to avoid the headaches that come with driving low cars and avoiding scraping. Lol

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
198 Posts
For the amber delete on the side of your headlights, is that just a vinyl overlay?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For the amber delete on the side of your headlights, is that just a vinyl overlay?
Yeah just smoke vinyl. I’m going to redo it with solid gloss black vinyl

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
198 Posts
Yeah just smoke vinyl. I’m going to redo it with solid gloss black vinyl
I had been looking at those on premiumautostyling.com, just wasn't sure if I wanted the smoke or gloss...I thought the smoke would blend in better. I was gonna grab the eyelids too, but they don't offer them in smoke, just gloss, satin and CF.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.