Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a RWD model with tech package. Last night, I checked the web sites of three dealers near Philadelphia. There were over 200 cars and they were all AWD. I checked a dealer in New York and all the cars were AWD. Then I tried Tampa and all the cars were RWD.

So, is there a regional preference for RWD vs AWD? Is the North/Northeast getting AWD and the South getting RWD?

Has anybody in the Northeast picked up a RWD model?

It also seemed like Tech packages were very scarce. Of all the cars I checked, I only found 2-3 Tech packages.

While my salesman told me to expect my pre-order soon, I'm not optimistic.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Same in the DC area. Basically, it seems if there is a chance of snow, they are ordering the AWD.

·
Registered
325 Posts
No one orders RWD in the north east unless it is a special order.. we would get stuck with them.. exact opposite down south

·
Registered
298 Posts
No one orders RWD in the north east unless it is a special order.. we would get stuck with them.. exact opposite down south
What kind of pre-order is that if dealer restricts available options with assumptions like "we would get stuck with them" ?
Wondering if Infiniti aware...

·
Registered
585 Posts
What kind of pre-order is that if dealer restricts available options with assumptions like "we would get stuck with them" ?
Wondering if Infiniti aware...
Think you might want to re-read the comment. I think JasonH is saying that dealers in the NE won't order RWD, unless they are a special order.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Think you might want to re-read the comment. I think JasonH is saying that dealers in the NE won't order RWD, unless they are a special order.
The problem is when I tried to pre-order a guy in Ray Catena Edison told there will be no RWD available in the beginning of production. Either my pre-order was not special enough or it's just to push me to more expensive AWD.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem is when I tried to pre-order a guy in Ray Catena Edison told there will be no RWD available in the beginning of production. Either my pre-order was not special enough or it's just to push me to more expensive AWD.
Obviously that's not true. There are RWD's in Tampa.

I don't know how the dealers' web sites are set up. Do they include or exclude pre-orders?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.