Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted the "S" but it was never for the badge. If I should ever add a supercharger I may consider an extra "S" next to the 3.7(S).
That's an awesome idea! I have a Q50s Hybrid. I think Ill get 2 blue S's for the hybrid side emblems. Only question? Before or after the Hybrid emblem?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,009 Posts
Thinking about shaving all my emblems except the front and rear Infiniti symbols. Maybe paint those black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i mean, its kinda weird, but its really not a big deal. just odd.

now the real question, would people be opposed to switching the red S for the blue S?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,309 Posts

now the real question, would people be opposed to switching the red S for the blue S?
Superman would be.

·
Registered
536 Posts

With a good tune, this wouldn't be a surprise since the SilverSport can lay down the power then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey I'm not going to lie I have a 2017 Q50 premium this is my 5th one had every single one since the G35 and I brought the S badges off of Ebay to put on my **** it I'm tuned out the ass and when I beat people at the track they alway ask me if its a red sport i say not my man I'm faster :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dumb question, if the the non Red Sport Sport trims are called silver sport. What do you call the 2014-2015 Sport trims? It's not a red sport, but not really a silver sport?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dumb question, if the the non Red Sport Sport trims are called silver sport. What do you call the 2014-2015 Sport trims? It's not a red sport, but not really a silver sport?
I believe that those models were simply called "Sport", although the S was red.

·
Registered
663 Posts
So why not keep calling it sport, instead of silver sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts
I debaded my trunk lid and put "IPL" on the left and "AMS" on the right.

My Maserati Trident won't fit the Mt. Fuji spot in the center w/o a spacer due to the curve, but thinking of getting the ones for the left and right sides of my Q. Going to make a spacer for sure and replace the Mt. Fuji emblem.

Really 'eff' up the dealership when I park it there, or bring it in for any warentee work.

My Q looks very similar to the Maserati that parks at my post office. It's even the same color. Mine is a LOT cheaper tho! It's the reason I got the Trident emblem to start with.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I debaded my trunk lid and put "IPL" on the left and "AMS" on the right.

My Maserati trident wont fit the Mt. Fuji in the center w/o a spacer due to the curve, but thinking of getting the ones for the left and right sides of my Q.

Really 'eff' up the dealership when I park it there, or bring it in for any warentee work.

My Q looks very similar to the Maserati that parks at my post office. It's even the same color. Mine is a LOT cheaper tho!

It will probably last a lot longer too. Everyone I know with a Maserati are driving loaners 25% of the time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Beginning in 2016 with the 3.0t, Infiniti began to refer to the cars as Sport (300HP) and Red Sport 400 (400HP). So technically, for models prior to 2016, they is only one Sport. I think the folks here generically refer to the Sport as a Silver Sport, or SS because the S badge is, you guessed it, silver. The Red Sport 400 is generically referred to as a Red Sport or RS because the badge is, yup, red. It's also a lot faster and more simple to type RS vs Red Sport 400. When discussing the 3.0t sport models, using SS and RS helps to easily distinguish which sport model one is referring to.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The SS could mean Shitty sound? Lol j/k had to throw a jab at the turbo peeps.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts
SS and RS are used a lot here. A few differences to note between the two.

RS has:

1) the optical turbo speed sensors.
2) Lower differential gearing
3) dual water pumps
4) oil cooler
5) cosmetic differences, like red calipers

Any more and I'll edit this. . So please don't quote this post, so it won't propagate misinformation or missing info. Thanks

Reactions: blazn420

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,009 Posts
Beginning in 2016 with the 3.0t, Infiniti began to refer to the cars as Sport (300HP) and Red Sport 400 (400HP). So technically, for models prior to 2016, they is only one Sport. I think the folks here generically refer to the Sport as a Silver Sport, or SS because the S badge is, you guessed it, silver. The Red Sport 400 is generically referred to as a Red Sport or RS because the badge is, yup, red. It's also a lot faster and more simple to type RS vs Red Sport 400. When discussing the 3.0t sport models, using SS and RS helps to easily distinguish which sport model one is referring to.
I would say the Sport's "S" emblem is chrome, not silver. ;) But the calipers are silver! :)

Reactions: GSORS400

·
Registered
536 Posts
SS and RS are used a lot here. A few differences to note between the two.

RS has:

1) the optical turbo speed sensors.
2) Lower differential gearing
3) dual water pumps
4) oil cooler
5) cosmetic differences, like red calipers

Any more and I'll edit this. . So please don't quote this post, so it won't propagate misinformation or missing info. Thanks
I would like to add

Red stitching instead of gray
Exhaust tips
Wheels

*sorry I quoted your post

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts
See someone HAD to quote me. ?
Sorta cosmetic. Like I said. ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
See someone HAD to quote me. ?
Sorta cosmetic. Like I said. ?
If it bothers you, I can remove the quote.
Just busting on you...lol.

I think wheels are more than cosmetic though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
"s" badge for q50

Throw a siren on there and put a police badge on your jacket and you’ll be set.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts