Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts
Does Tapatalk pay you to advertise? If it was me I'd delete it EVERY time. Just on principle. Is there a finger emoji? Lol.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Does Tapatalk pay you to advertise? If it was me I'd delete it EVERY time. Just on principle. Is there a finger emoji? Lol.

?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts

I say this in the spirit of playfulness and jest. But I think you’ve typed “G37IPL” way more than the Tapatalk signatures . Although G37IPL is more on topic.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts
Not as much as, FI, Z1 two piece brake rotors, or Q50! ?

Reactions: blazn420

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't have a Red Sport, but my "S" is red.

I also have the very limited edition Q50S IPL. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts
Infiniti must hate we rebadge these cars. No clue why they abandoned the IPL line. Tons of oportunity lost. Their attempt to have an AMG, M3, Audi S line. But the IPL's weren't up to the task.
Soooo the phantom Black S shows up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would say the Sport's "S" emblem is chrome, not silver. ;) But the calipers are silver! :)

lol... So now we have a Chrome Sport entry, aka CS.... reinforcing my belief that Infiniti needs a branding update. Sometime in the not to distant future some poor guy's gonna come on here talking about his Silver Sport and a bunch of guys are gonna correct him calling his car a chrome sport! That will be fun.

·
Registered
663 Posts
So it’s Sport, Red Sport, Silver Sport, and maybe Chrome Sport?

@JohnInNH — “My G37 IPL........”

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,208 Posts

JohnInNH — “My G37 IPL........”
Not to be picky but that line @ "JohnInNH" just screws the mentioned stat.
Please remove that. THANKS

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,009 Posts

@JohnInNH — “My G37 IPL........”

As if the incredibly meant-to-confuse model names of the current Infiniti line-up wasn't the most baffling of any brand, ever.... now you guys are messing with my head on the trim names! lol

What happened to G20, J30, Q45, etc? Small G body, 2.0 engine. Midsize J body, 3.0 engine. Flagship Q body, 4.5 engine. The logic!!!

What the heck is a Q50? Flagship Infiniti with a 5.0 liter engine?????!!!

Sorry - current line-up of Infiniti model names - huge pet peeve of mine. But I feel better now. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Assuming I keep this car long enough, I would absolutely LOVE to swap in a VK56VD (420HP, from a M56 or Q70, assuming it would fit) so I could rebadge it as a Q56.
Now that would make sense.

Correction: Q56S

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really, is there actually a discussion happening around this topic. There will always be "posers". Put as many sticky color letters on your ride as you want. It won't make it what it isn't. Big up to all RS owners.

·
Super Moderator
4,009 Posts
I remember in the late 90s, early 2000s when I lived in San Diego, there was a 4th generation Maxima I would see around town that took off all Nissan/Maxima emblems and replaced them with Infiniti I30 emblems. I was like 'Umm, dude, who do you think you are fooling?'

·
Registered
188 Posts
As if the incredibly meant-to-confuse model names of the current Infiniti line-up wasn't the most baffling of any brand, ever.... now you guys are messing with my head on the trim names! lol

What happened to G20, J30, Q45, etc? Small G body, 2.0 engine. Midsize J body, 3.0 engine. Flagship Q body, 4.5 engine. The logic!!!

What the heck is a Q50? Flagship Infiniti with a 5.0 liter engine?????!!!

Sorry - current line-up of Infiniti model names - huge pet peeve of mine. But I feel better now. :)
They actually indicate what a fully loaded one costs in thousands, Q50 Max MSRP in the $50ks, Q60 Max MSRP in the $60ks, the way it was before made a lot more sense cause it pertained to the motor size, G37 3.7, QX56 5.6, I get this question at least once a week at work lol
My 2 cents on the main topic, if you’re going to add badges make it unique to you like two S’s etc. but saying your car is what it isn’t is just a slap in the face, even if your car has all those upgrades, it’s still not a “Red Sport”, I’ve raced my Sport model against our stock red sports and crushed them, that doesn’t mean I’m going to put a red “s” on my car now. The truth of the matter is that even though most people on this forum are trying to be polite about it, deep down it irritates the crap out of them, I’m sure you’re car is great but unfortunately it is not a red sport.
**My ten cents**

·
Super Moderator
4,009 Posts
They actually indicate what a fully loaded one costs in thousands, Q50 Max MSRP in the $50ks, Q60 Max MSRP in the $60ks,
^
|
Ha, love it!

You guys realize we are still lecturing some guy who started this thread in 2015 and only has 5 posts to his name? lol

We didn't talk about this..... what about the people who change out their emblems for Nissan Skyline emblems? Cool or lame?

·
Registered
188 Posts
^
|
Ha, love it!

You guys realize we are still lecturing some guy who started this thread in 2015 and only has 5 posts to his name? lol

We didn't talk about this..... what about the people who change out their emblems for Nissan Skyline emblems? Cool or lame?

Hahahahaha, wow way to beat a dead horse! Putting Nissan on an Infiniti would be stupid but putting Skyline on a decked out Q50 would be pretty unique. I wouldn’t do it personally....I want to put “V8 Killer” on mine but not sure how to do so without it looking cheap

·
Registered
663 Posts
Isn’t the Q50 the American version of the skyline?

JohnInNH — “My G37 IPL........”

·
Super Moderator
4,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
81 - 100 of 109 Posts