Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I'm typing this, was in an accident with my Q50 Friday night and have been miserable ever sense. SUV stopped short in front of me, somehow I managed to not hit him dead on, swerved to the right his bumper caught my front quarter panel!

Hopefully parts will be easy to get, and that the damage isn't worse then it looks.

Looking to my Q50 family here for positive energy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Oh WOW!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Hope you are ok!

·
Registered
697 Posts
dang... glad you are ok though

·
Registered
89 Posts
Glad you're okay. Parts may be a bit scarce, but as someone suggested in another thread get Infiniti folks on the phone so that they can help facilitate the locating of parts.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Ugh, SUV accident. Did you look up from your phone right before you swerved? ;)

Just kidding, it sucks having something new and cherished wrecked up all of a sudden. Maybe if you put the repair through the dealer you'll have a decent Q50 loaner in the meantime.

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ouch! That looks like it took out the whole drivers side! I hope everyone is physically ok and hopefully will be emotionally and mentally ok too!

I guess a good thing that can come out of this is if u want a sport front bumper, now is the time to swap?

I hope everything gets fixed! It is sad to see these things and I am sure all of us cringe at the site of something like this so I hope you pull through and get your car fixed and look like it was new again! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow that sucks. But just remember it's only a car and can be fixed easily but you on the other hand you could've been worse. Be glad for your health...

Good luck with the fix, hope she drives like day 1 again

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Glad your ok bud, keep your head up.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
My empathy is for you. My first brand new car, a '69 Javelin, was hit by a stop sign runner a couple of months after I bought it. My front axle was bent, along with other damage, but like you, there were no injuries. I hope things are fixed like new. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't believe I'm typing this, was in an accident with my Q50 Friday night and have been miserable ever sense. SUV stopped short in front of me, somehow I managed to not hit him dead on, swerved to the right his bumper caught my front quarter panel!

Hopefully parts will be easy to get, and that the damage isn't worse then it looks.

Just curious how fast you were going and what was the distance between you and the SUV? Not implying anything, just curious.

Never ceases to amaze me how fast and how little room drivers here in Houston leave. Its like lets do 80mph and leave 5 feet of space between the two of us. Boggles the mind. Then again most people haven't taken Physics 101 either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just curious how fast you were going and what was the distance between you and the SUV? Not implying anything, just curious.

Never ceases to amaze me how fast and how little room drivers here in Houston leave. Its like lets do 80mph and leave 5 feet of space between the two of us. Boggles the mind. Then again most people haven't taken Physics 101 either.
I was going around 30-35 within the speed limit, came over a hill according to the police officer its a known bad spot. You can't see the other side until you get to the top of the hill, did not see the SUV that was making a left into a driveway until I was just about on him. How I didn't just plow into him I don't know road was wet, almost got buy him clipped the bumper.

·
Registered
236 Posts
yikes!!! so sorry to hear...when i wrecked my sti with similar damages the most expensive thing was the labor to repair and the hid headlights...i hope you have some luck keeping the repairs down to a minimum

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was going around 30-35 within the speed limit, came over a hill according to the police officer its a known bad spot. You can't see the other side until you get to the top of the hill, did not see the SUV that was making a left into a driveway until I was just about on him. How I didn't just plow into him I don't know road was wet, almost got buy him clipped the bumper.
Which road/intersection is this in Boston? Gotta avoid it.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Welcome to the worst group to be in on the forum, 'Q50 Wrecks'

I just received my estimate back for my Q50... 5 grand in damage, 1 adaptive headlight is $1900...
My insurance used the G37 Sedan to provide rough pricing.

As part of the Q50 family, and having just had this occur last week, I completely feel your pain... tt_45 had suggestions about getting Infiniti on the phone but the dealer collision center seems to be on top of it. Although I did direct him to look for a different headlamp then the first one sent over on the initial quote.

Reactions: tt_45
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.