Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All -

I wanted to share an experience I had with my Q50HS and see if any of you have had anything similar.

I had just started the car and pulled out of a parking lot onto the street. I immediately noticed that the car was pulling to the left fairly dramatically. The wheel was also turned about 45 degrees to the left by default.

And the plot thickens. . . After hitting over 30 mph the VSC light started to flash and I got a very loud scraping sound coming out of the back passenger side of the car. When I slowed down that went away, but the car still was "Mis -Aligned" and pulling hard to the left.

Again, sped back up over 30mph and the scrapping sound and VSC light started acting up again.

This all occurred with the safety shield systems turned OFF. Also this happened in both Hybrid and Gas modes. The weather was beautiful, no rain, no excessive heat or cold.

I was able to repeat this a number of times until I finally found a place to pull over. Once I put the car into park and then shifted back into drive the problem fully resolved itself. I did not even need to shut off the car and restart. It was a simple put it in and out of park.

I was able to take a video of the whole thing on my iPhone, so the dealer knows I am not crazy. The video is not great, but it shows the VSC light and if you listen carefully you can hear the scraping.

It is in the dealership now and the are looking at it. My guess is they won't find anything unless the car generated some sort of computer codes.

From a safety perspective it was actually a pretty big concern. I am hoping they figure it out quickly.

I love the car overall, but having this type of think happen coupled with all of the other computer glitches is making me wonder if I made the right decision.
Glad I bought the extended warranty!

As an aside I have a nasty habit of leaving the radio blasting when I shut off the car at night. Well it seems when you turn the car back on, you cant shut off the radio until the car finishes booting up. Well my wife generally drives the car in the mornings and has gotten blasted with music and unable to shut off the radio several times. She is just about ready to kill me . . . Luckily she loves the car enough to overlook it http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

·
Registered
348 Posts
same thing (minus the noise and flashing TC light) happened to me during a test drive (Q50S with DAS).
Me and the sales person suspected an alignment/tire pressure problem but after a stop to visually check the tires the problem disappeared.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Very interesting.

While I cannot comment on the problem at hand I would like to urge patience until we hear what the root cause of this problem is.

I hope you all believe me when I say Infiniti has a team of engineers who's job it is to quickly deal with any issues of this nature.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
This is so true. Yestersday, I took my Q50 to the dealer to have the software update and oil change; also, I want them to check my alignment because I felt like it pull to the left on the highway sometimes. It might be due to the highway road that cause the pull. But I wants them to check for a piece of mind.
The service rep told me, "Are your sure, because Infiniti take this matter very seriously". I say off course and the Infiniti engineers actually came and inspect my car. I got a call later in the evening that my car is all good. I hope so :) Can't wait to get my car back.

I hope you all believe me when I say Infiniti has a team of engineers who's job it is to quickly deal with any issues of this nature.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
The engineers will definitely be taking that seriously. Whether is a small rattle to a safety issue, they take good care in finding and resolving issues. They've been working on my car since last week checking stuff out and doing some tests with the lane departure camera. I'm really satisfied with the attention they've been giving to the issues that come up.

As for that scraping sound, that sounds bad. I wonder what would rub at the back to produce that sound? Or maybe it was just the wheel slipping causing what could be a scrapping sound? Just a thought.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is the reason I switched from BMW (325i, M3) to Infiniti.
With BMW I had to convince the service department that there is a problem (and I had many, some major). I always had a feeling that I'm a nuisance to them.

With Infiniti (G35, G37) I had very few minor issues, always taken seriously
and resolved fast.

·
Registered
395 Posts
zookeeper,

I experienced nearly the same thing except no noise. In my case, the car pulled badly to the driver's side. And like you, I pulled over to check things out. I turned the car off and restarted and most of the pull went away. Over the next few drives, the pull went away.

In my case, I had turned the car to ON. I had pushed the start button twice while the car was parked in order to show someone something. I left the car in this state for about 15 minutes. During this time, I had my steering wheel turned.

What I suspect is that the car thought it was moving and had to make a big steering correction even though the car was parked. When I started driving, the car continued to compensate.

I have not had the problem since. But I also have not put the car in the same ON mode either.

Reactions: StevetheTech

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All -

Thanks for all the feedback. My Q iPad been with the dealer since Monday and no feedback as of yet. I am hoping to hear something tomorrow.
Also had a few other small issues to deal with like a rattling sunroof
Glad for the courtesy rental though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.