Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer, Nationwide Infiniti in Timonium, MD has a Q50 AWD in its showroom, right next to a 2013 G37X, both stickers were $46k. I sat in both back to back and did walk arounds. My take away is there is a lot of G37 in the Q50, and I say that more as a compliment to the G, a beautiful car, than any negative comment on the Q. Beyond the same drive train, the cars feel very similar when sitting in the driver's seat. The Q50 is a bit more substantial looking even though it's only a little bigger, the rear looked more square and full, and the front with that grill and eagle eye headlights is certainly more noticeable. Some might find the front of the Q a bit ostentatious, but I liked it more than the G's front. Inside the Q50 has the double screen but otherwise there's a lot of similarity; you don't feel like they are entirely different cars. There would be a bigger difference if the cars were turned on, with the double screen and LED headlights. The Q cannot be driven until the engineering updates are installed. Bottom line to me is the Q is flashier looking and higher tech but otherwise the G stands up well against it.

My salesman is a no BS guy and his info is usually spot on. His info is the G37 will continue production for now, and likely even with a 2014 model. He did not know if there would be an MSRP drop. As you would imagine, he indicated they were not discounting the Q while there are of course huge discounts on the G.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Thanks for posting but I'm really not sure how you're saying the interior is similar...maybe similar in the fact that they are both cars...but its completely different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting but I'm really not sure how you're saying the interior is similar...maybe similar in the fact that they are both cars...but its completely different.
I'm saying they felt similar insofar as the cockpit felt the same, the wheel felt the same, the interior size is just about the same and the entire feel of the interior to me felt very similar. Perhaps I just don't have the same level of sophistication as you, but that was my impression sitting in both vehicles one after the next. The main difference to me on the inside was the two big screens on the Q.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Bummer that you haven't been able to test drive. Its a beast and so much fun to drive. Do you also think the interior of competitors feel similar to the g and q?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Lots of us have driven the car, funny how there are dealers who don't have updated info from infiniti.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Afrosheen
What do you mean sit in M then Q?
I have an M and a G but my dealer does not have the Q to sit in side by side yet

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Awww, I tire of these "sat in" and "tested" threads without pics! :(

Anyway, I got to do both the other day as I mentioned in my thread.

I definitely will say that I think that the design of the rear of the G is a bit more unique in comparison to the Q50, but outside of that, the G looks more outdated inside and out.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Like I said many times All ready there will be a G37 for the next 2 years .. And he knows if there will be a price drop... From what I know the way infiniti looks at it about 80% of there new cars are leased so if there is a price drop it will not affect them.. When most people look at a lease they do not care what they are paying for the car they worry about the monthly payment.. If they drop the price say $2500 and get rid of the $2500 lease cash it works out the same at the end of the day...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.