Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get the q50s to default to sport mode?

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Tell me about it, 45k car and you have to manually put it in sport mode everytime you start it. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for my car actually doing better on fuel in sport mode than any of the other settings.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah my sticker price was over 50k :/

My wife's Mercedes is the same way

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Tell me about it, 45k car and you have to manually put it in sport mode everytime you start it. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for my car actually doing better on fuel in sport mode than any of the other settings.
Should the price of the car have anything to do with it? That seems like a slippery slope to me. :( You shouldn't try and make a connection to any little nitpick to the price of a car. I don't think it would be a fair assessment, especially in this case. If it were, then you'd expect that a $90k car would be near perfect right? Not the case.

Don't get me wrong---I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice to have it stay in the mode where you last set it to when starting up the car....but is it really a Problem? It takes little time/energy to flip the little switch one time when you're ready to drive in Sport mode. Not much more energy it takes to change a radio station or change the song on your iPod... :eek:

For me, my driving habits for when I'm about to park to get out of a car versus getting into the car and then peeling off can differ greatly. I find it more useful to have the car begin in Standard/Personal mode and then use Sport or Eco mode once I'm actually up and moving.

So I guess what would be key here in the future is to have the option of whether to have the car remember your Drive Mode setting upon Startup or not. :)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
hmm lets see wakeup, walk, warmup, and then run??? sounds good simple, so does the car: Starts in standard mode and you put it in sports mode by using one pinky finger, is it too much work (vs cost)??? I think it's all mental.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't know about the latest model but my wife's 328i (2012/2013 model year, can't recall) behaves in the same manner. That is, it starts in "comfort mode" and you can't save a setting for startup, nor can you save the start/stop behavior, even though there is a toggle for that as well.

She simply adjusts it as needed but complained a bit when we first got the car. Of course, I also wish the Q50 would allow one to save a particular setting but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

That said, I do find your comment interesting about better MPG in sport mode, as I also get better (city) MPG in sport mode, when compared to Eco and Standard.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
hmm lets see wakeup, walk, warmup, and then run??? sounds good simple, so does the car: Starts in standard mode and you put it in sports mode by using one pinky finger, is it too much work (vs cost)??? I think it's all mental.
You flick the drive mode switch with your pinky? :p

On a serious note, its not that bad and dont mind it at all! I would prefer it to stick to the last setting though since I sometimes forget and drive off in standard mode! :eek:

Reactions: Platinumv37

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your last comment is exactly what I was hoping for, because I forget to switch sometimes. No biggie.

My only real complaint with the electronics of the vehicle is that it's a little slow to start etc

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm been doing this every time I start to drive my car nowadays:
1. Press the "Driver Assistant" button when backing up.
2. Press it again to turn it off after I done backup.
3. Press the "Traction Control" button to turn off that sucker
4. Flip the drive mode selector to "Personal Mode"
5. Put the drive stick to "Manual Shift" (only do this sometime)

Having to do all of these, I'm still not complaining. But, it's nice to have a one button customizable setting to do it all :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It does kept all your personal mode setting. It just you have to flip the drive mode selector to Personal to use it.

I'm confused.
Doesn't it start in your personnel setting if you have it set to that?
Like you know if you have the transmission set to sport in my personnel setting it will start that way.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
you still have to switch to "personnel setting" after you start the car.
*facepalm* Ye I never noticed the mode setting at the bottom of the center screen in the dash console.

I guess I've been driving in standard instead of slow steering just about the whole time. :rolleyes:
I had my personal set to standard trans / slow steering.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok how about this:

Can you save app view?

What I mean is if you want to use the clock app. If it doesn't save who would ever use it? Too much of a hassle to start it up every single time. I don't really want to use it but that's just an example. Or default to BTA instead of menu.
Or anything really.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok how about this:

Can you save app view?

What I mean is if you want to use the clock app. If it doesn't save who would ever use it? Too much of a hassle to start it up every single time. I don't really want to use it but that's just an example. Or default to BTA instead of menu.
Or anything really.
its the little bugs like that that make me miss the old "analog" ways :D Yea it look cool to friends and passers by but what a pain in the rear. inTouch pretty much stays unused due to its almost utter uselessness. My elderly mother is using her Buick IntelliLink much more, and its a far better system (and has pandora) :D

Reactions: stogge

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
*facepalm* Ye I never noticed the mode setting at the bottom of the center screen in the dash console.

I guess I've been driving in standard instead of slow steering just about the whole time. :rolleyes:
I had my personal set to standard trans / slow steering.
Ouch. Your sales consultant didn't show you how the Drive Mode Selector worked?

This is so disheartening.. :(

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ouch. Your sales consultant didn't show you how the Drive Mode Selector worked?

This is so disheartening.. :(
He did right away on the test drive.
For some reason I just assumed once you set it to personal it saved.
Or I forgot how it worked.
It may have been tech overload to.
They did an entire walk through of all the tech when I picked up the car, but I don't remember every bit of what they went through.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
He did right away on the test drive.
For some reason I just assumed once you set it to personal it saved.
Or I forgot how it worked.
It may have been tech overload to.
They did an entire walk through of all the tech when I picked up the car, but I don't remember every bit of what they went through.
That's why OM an Intouch manuals come with car for free ;)
watch the videos of sections you like to learn about and even the cars has help button!
EQRG - Driver Distraction Warning

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.