Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is one of the smaller one's in Southern Cal and only has 6 Q50's, all of which have the graphite interior. In the original infiniti pictures the stone interior looked really gray which I didn't want but after I saw some of the pictures from the Mission Viejo links, it looked totally different, like an off white which I had in my Jaguar XF and loved. So I took a drive today to one of the larger dealers and saw it in person. They had a Graphite Shadow w/Stone and a Hagane Blue w/stone. I was sold instantly. It wasn't grey and it wasn't the white of many of the pictures I had just seen. It really was the color of a light "stone." The way it blended with the Black on top and the wood and aluminum looked really good and made the cabin feel more spacious than the graphite. Also, I hadn't noticed in the pictures but there is a pattern from front to back seat on the doors because the striped leather on the front door panels is Black but on the rear doors it's Stone and it visually follows a swooping line from front to back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I saw a Venetian red ruby with stone interior and it's a beauty.
I have yet see a Q50 with wheat interior. Wonder how that looks.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
My dealer is one of the smaller one's in Southern Cal and only has 6 Q50's, all of which have the graphite interior. In the original infiniti pictures the stone interior looked really gray which I didn't want but after I saw some of the pictures from the Mission Viejo links, it looked totally different, like an off white which I had in my Jaguar XF and loved. So I took a drive today to one of the larger dealers and saw it in person. They had a Graphite Shadow w/Stone and a Hagane Blue w/stone. I was sold instantly. It wasn't grey and it wasn't the white of many of the pictures I had just seen. It really was the color of a light "stone." The way it blended with the Black on top and the wood and aluminum looked really good and made the cabin feel more spacious than the graphite. Also, I hadn't noticed in the pictures but there is a pattern from front to back seat on the doors because the striped leather on the front door panels is Black but on the rear doors it's Stone and it visually follows a swooping line from front to back.
Nice! Thanks for sharing! They do seem to compliment each other nicely!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw a Venetian red ruby with stone interior and it's a beauty.
I have yet see a Q50 with wheat interior. Wonder how that looks.
Hopefully I'll be getting the Ruby Red with Stone. A dealer about 20 miles from me has one and it's configured exactly the same as the one I have reserved so they are going to try and swap it on Wednesday.

The place I went to today actually had a wheat. I didn't care for it, too much yellow in it.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Nice pics BenW (as usual!). Captures the color really well. I do like that look.

Of course, I know your one rub is the light color carpet and, I hate to do this but you can see a shoe scuff mark against near the gas pedal in that first picture.

Why didn't they do dark carpeting?!?! I'm keeping an eye on your thread abut the carpet sealant hoping someone has something magical to help prevent stuff like that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
"Saw the Stone Interior for the first time in person today"

Thanks for posting/sharing.

this helps a lot. Now I have to see the Ruby in person to consider a Q50 S or S hybrid in ruby vs Black.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Yup! I have the stone and absolutely love the look. I've mentioned a couple of times that the carpeted floor mats just get stained and blue jeans rub off on the leather, even with the Xzilon. I did find that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will remove the blue jean color but of course will rub off on the leather every time you wear them. The dealership said it is just something that happens and no way to prevent it.

With all that said, I am likely to get the stone again because I just don't like black leather seating (just not as sophisticated or supple to me) and wheat seems to be hard to find on the Q50 and those who have seen it all comment on being too yellow.

Reactions: Latrant

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup! I have the stone and absolutely love the look. I've mentioned a couple of times that the carpeted floor mats just get stained and blue jeans rub off on the leather, even with the Xzilon. I did find that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will remove the blue jean color but of course will rub off on the leather every time you wear them. The dealership said it is just something that happens and no way to prevent it.

With all that said, I am likely to get the stone again because I just don't like black leather seating (just not as sophisticated or supple to me) and wheat seems to be hard to find on the Q50 and those who have seen it all comment on being too yellow.
I may try black mats and see how it looks. If not I'll seal them and have them shampood once a month

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you guys think White ext with stone or Black ext with stone?
I think both would look great. I've seen the white with stone, check out the mission Viejo link there are pics of one there. None of the dealers I've seen have had a black with stone.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
What do you guys think White ext with stone or Black ext with stone?
As it stands right now, I would like to order a Malbec Black (or possibly the Black O) with stone interior. If that isn't readily available (for a month or so wait), I will settle for wheat but I will not get the black leather interior. Not a fan, ever.

Ummmm of course if you've read any of my other posts you know that I could end up with just about any color exterior Q50 at this point. :)

Reactions: Latrant

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
As it stands right now, I would like to order a Malbec Black (or possibly the Black O) with stone interior. If that isn't readily available (for a month or so wait), I will settle for wheat but I will not get the black leather interior. Not a fan, ever.

Ummmm of course if you've read any of my other posts you know that I could end up with just about any color exterior Q50 at this point. :)
Take any thing this chick says regarding her color choice with a very small grain of salt.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Blue Jean "stains" on the Stone....

Here are two pictures that I took today WITHOUT filters/flash to give an idea of what happens when you wear blue jeans every time you drive your car with stone leather seating. I had just cleaned the blue off about a month ago and probably driven my car less than a dozen times since then. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

First picture is sideways but it won't load right side up, keeps turning when I upload it from my iPhone. Anyway, this is the back of the driver's seat.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Here are two pictures that I took today WITHOUT filters/flash to give an idea of what happens when you wear blue jeans every time you drive your car with stone leather seating. I had just cleaned the blue off about a month ago and probably driven my car less than a dozen times since then. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

First picture is sideways but it won't load right side up, keeps turning when I upload it from my iPhone. Anyway, this is the back of the driver's seat.

pictures not loading

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Never judge an interior by its photos.. ;)

Lighter leather colors are always gonna be harder to keep clean, but it's not that big of a deal as long as you keep some nice cleaning cloths handy.
The pictures are extremely accurate. I made sure of that before posting. I did not want to give a wrong impression of the "blue jean damage". As I've stated in the past, the best cleaner that I've found for the blue jean marks is the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Takes it right off without any scrubbing/effort. Just be prepared to clean them frequently.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.