Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a new member with one (or just a couple) posts sends you a private message telling you he has a buddy who has something to sell and provides you with an email address for him, you are virtually assured that you are being scammed. They will usually insist that you use a PayPal Friends and Family payment type for some convoluted reason like no processing fee instead of the usual Goods and Services payment type which does have PayPal Purchase Protection. No purchase protection is provided with the Friends and Family payment type, which is what the scammers want.

Cavet Emptor! New members with no posting history who immediately want to buy or sell something should be vetted carefully before you enter into any buying or selling agreement with them. Any money exchange should be covered with a purchase protection system like PayPal has.

Please report any suspicious activities involving buying or selling to us so we can investigate and if warranted, we will deal with the scum:

·
Registered
2015 3.7 AWD
101 Posts
I received 2 last night, ignored them. first red flag was, new member then very bad grammar

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,477 Posts
Can I phuck with them for awhile and lead them on?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,622 Posts
I suppose I need to set up a PayPal account. That's why I prefer face to face sales.

I have a huge pile of parts I'd part with I just hate the PITA of selling using PayPal. I also don't like to support PayPal for political reasons.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I also don't like to support PayPal for political reasons.
There's always Zelle, although it is more constrained than PayPal.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received 2 last night, ignored them. first red flag was, new member then very bad grammar
Please forward me the names if you can please and any email addresses they reference.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: Pillboy

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
440 Posts
Reactions: Pillboy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oldest scheme, they do the same on apps like eBay, Poshmark, etc

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
WISH I READ THIS POST SOONER!THERE WAS A NEW MEMBER THE OTHER DAY WHO APPEARED TO BE AN ELDERLY WOMAN. SHE SENT ME A MESSAGE WITH LINKS TO NAKED PHOTOS OF HERSELF IN UNCOMPROMISING POSES ALONG WITH CLOSE UPS OF HER UNMENTIONABLES. SHE OFFERED ME A MACBOOK PRO IN EXCHANGE FOR ONLINE SEXUAL FAVORS. I'VE BEEN PARTICULARLY BOTHERED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN OLD DELL VOSTRO LAPTOP AND OBVIOUSLY THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT. IT'S SUPER SLOW AND THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON! SO KEEP AN EYE OUT PEOPLE AND DON'T HESITATE TO REPORT A POTENTIAL SCAMMER.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
Can I phuck with them for awhile and lead them on?
This is what I do with telemarketers. I string them along for a long while. I act very exited about the credit card rate reduction I qualify for on my Discover card, and ask them to tell me more. Then I put it on speaker phone and tell my 8 and 10 year old boys to take over and they talk all sorts of potty talk. "I ate diarrhea for lunch". "Do you eat diarrhea?" "It's yummy".... The Indian person usually hangs up pretty quickly. But one time they listened to all the potty talk my boys had to say and then he actually said FU to my boys, lol. The boys didn't know what that meant, luckily.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,477 Posts
Please do!
My favorite is the car warranty calls. I keep giving them either something very expensive or rare, or one that is just a total $h!t box.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
My favorite is the car warranty calls.
Even worse is the Car Shield shillin' by the likes of Chris Berman on TV - sad. "I got a new engine AND transmission - who does that?"

Uh, no one, but go ahead, sign-up for Car Shield... ridiculous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts