Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good anti-glare screen protector for the lower touch screen in the Q50? I like the screen but it is highly subject to washing out due to glare.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3M has non reflective touch screen protector films.
I did not see anything specific to the Q50 on the 3M site. Do you have a link?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I like to know as well. I would invest in some nice screen guards for both screens.
Top one is matte though so I dont think it'll help or I just havent come across an anti-glare screen protector for matte touch screens! I bought and 10in screen protector for a tablet but havent had the time to trace out the bottom screen and cut the screen protector to fit it!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I bought one for iPad then cut it to lower screen dimensions but just as I was about to stick it on I read "do not expose to extreme heat" so I decided not to put it on. The interior can get really hot on sunny days and I was worried it might not come off clean after heat exposure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought one for iPad then cut it to lower screen dimensions but just as I was about to stick it on I read "do not expose to extreme heat" so I decided not to put it on. The interior can get really hot on sunny days and I was worried it might not come off clean after heat exposure.
good point. my car has been an oven the past few days. I'll let someone be a guinea pig first :D

with the recent heat, kind of made me miss the scheduled timer for vent in the old bimmer.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ya a real anti-glare lay over would be nice and also one that doesnt show fingerprints. I find myself using a microfibre everyday to wipe off fingerprints and although it cleans up perfectly I'd stil like a proper screen protecting lay over on there.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for being a guinea pig :)
Did you order for the Nav or Intouch screen?
I ordered for the InTouch (lower) screen. I'll be sure to post my results.

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Registered
42 Posts
First thing I did too although wasn't worried about the glare as much as I was for the potential of a scratch. Went to Walgreens and got a 2pk of screen protectors for the iPad mini. Used a cutting board at work, put it on and it looks just like it was made for the car. I couldn't believe that infiniti didn't have a screen protector, I mean seriously the profit to be made would have been huge .05 to make and they could charge 29.99 for it and people would be buying it, I know I would have for the sake of convenience. But then again I couldn't believe they didn't have splash guards for sale when I purchased the car?? Really?? And your trying to compete with other luxury brands? But you can go on their web site and purchase a 5k infiniti watch that looks like crap - yeah for the same guy who purchase overpriced crap from the sky mall catalog.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered for the InTouch (lower) screen. I'll be sure to post my results.
I received my screen protector but I am not going to install it. The protector is a little larger than the actual screen not counting the border. I don't like this at all because even though it would solve the glare issue, I'd have a clearly visible piece of plastic just hanging out in the middle of the lower screen area. I think I will find a screen protector made for something larger and cut it to fit like Rep did.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.