Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the SD Card need to be formatted in a specific type to be read by the Q50? I want to load music on it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Does the SD Card need to be formatted in a specific type to be read by the Q50? I want to load music on it.
SD card is for navigation.

USB device needs to be formatted FAT32 and will not read over 5,000 titles.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Bump from the dead:

Above they made it clear that you cannot use the actual SD card slot to read music off an SD card

BUT.........

Is there any way to use the USB with an actual SD card slot reader or use a BlueTooth SD card slot reader to get music from the SD card?

There should be some way to make this happen.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
Bump from the dead:

Above they made it clear that you cannot use the actual SD card slot to read music off an SD card

BUT.........

Is there any way to use the USB with an actual SD card slot reader or use a BlueTooth SD card slot reader to get music from the SD card?

There should be some way to make this happen.
I believe that you can use a SD card reader to play music files if you plug the SD card reader into one of the car's USB slots and it doesn't require a separate power supply. As previously stated, the SD card must be formatted in FAT32 and the music files must be in a readable format (see page 4-6 of the InTouch Manual). I haven't tried this though.

The playback order of the music files is based on the order in which the files are written by the writing software on the SD card unless you select a particular music file. The playback order is also determined by how you arrange folders on the SD card. See page 4-7 of the InTouch Manual for the playback order of music files that are located in nested folders.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,183 Posts
Wouldn't it just be easier to hum to yourself?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
Wouldn't it just be easier to hum to yourself?
What would be easier is to use a USB thumb drive...besides I can't carry a note.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
What am I missing? What good is a thumb drive full of music?
You plug it into the USB port in the center console and play the music that's on it. Is this a trick question?

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
55 Posts
I mean what program plays the music from the stick? Keep in mind I've only had my Q50 since Tuesday night lol. Haven't had time to go through everything yet. Nevermind, just found a short youtube video explaing things.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
I mean what program plays the music from the stick? Keep in mind I've only had my Q50 since Tuesday night lol. Haven't had time to go through everything yet.
Ok, the USB drive must be formatted with FAT32 for the InTouch system to read it, then you download your music files that are in the proper format (MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2.5, WMA, AAC[MPEG4]). Plug the USB drive into one of the Media Hub USB slots in the center console.

Press: Audio > USB to switch the source to the USB drive. This is all in the Audio System section of your InTouch Manual.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got it, thanks. Thinking about it now I have no way of putting music on a stick any longer. My PC laptop died and we've gone all Mac the last few years. Don't use iTunes as I find it to be the clunkiest app ever. I've been using Pandora online radio for years now. Ah well.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Got it, thanks. Thinking about it now I have no way of putting music on a stick any longer. My PC laptop died and we've gone all Mac the last few years. Don't use iTunes as I find it to be the clunkiest app ever. I've been using Pandora online radio for years now. Ah well.
You can easily just copy and paste from iTunes. It puts them in the .M4A (AAC) format. I don't know if that file extension is recognized but give it a try on one or two.

In iTunes you also have the option to "show in finder". That may be the easiest way to export them.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
That's all I do now is stream Pandora stations with my iPhone X plugged into the USB slot. And to think that at one time, Infiniti promised us we'd have Pandora as an InTouch app.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.