Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Man, I've been trying to dig up the research and post I did a few weeks ago that mentioned the company Infiniti is licensing this stuff from. They have an SDK you can download from their website.

I had a feeling this was something important I should bookmark. :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, I've been trying to dig up the research and post I did a few weeks ago that mentioned the company Infiniti is licensing this stuff from. They have an SDK you can download from their website.

I had a feeling this was something important I should bookmark. :(
i think it may have been the same thing i saw that initially got me to believe there would be some SDK available

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Considering how anal Infiniti is allegedly being about the August 5 software update, do you really think they will open up their system to every Tom, Dick and Harry to mod and hack? I think not.

You are not going to get an SDK. Not any time soon, if ever. And the only apps will be those developed and sold by Infiniti.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread, but since I just went through this exact thing, maybe it will be helpful to the next person wanting to do this.
I was attempting to add more sensors to the built in performance monitors on intouch.
so either get an apk for torque to load directly, or modify source and recompile android with additional gauges.
Asked Infiniti Intouch support directly for source code to the android subsystem the performance gauges are on.

"Android is open source, but Intouch is not." So, officially not allowed to modify their android subsystem.

Side note: USB cable, Iphone, Intouch Services app, and Android SDK are all useful tools :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.