·
Registered
697 Posts
they are sensitive... same way on my old M37s

I feel they are way to grabby

·
Registered
13 Posts
I find that they are only sensitive just after the automatic brakes have activated. Otherwise they feel normal to me. I have an AWD Premium.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Hybrid or gasser? There's another thread on this subject. SteveTheTech had a good post a couple days ago that sheds some light on the subject. Mostly he talked about Sport models, but the concept applies. When the brakes are cool, they tend to be grabbier than once warmed up.

That said, I don't have a problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hybrid or gasser? There's another thread on this subject. SteveTheTech had a good post a couple days ago that sheds some light on the subject. Mostly he talked about Sport models, but the concept applies. When the brakes are cool, they tend to be grabbier than once warmed up.

That said, I don't have a problem.
Agree
Brakes are hard to modulate when the car is cold. When it warms up I have no issue coming to a smooth stop. What does "bug" me is when I am running / coasting smoothly, sometimes what seems like the regenerative braking system comes alive and the car jerks and slows down abruptly. Not a very elegant solution for charging the battery if that is what it is trying to do. I have driven Toyota hybrids and never noticed that type of behavior. They are just a lot smoother.

I still really like this car, and especially the Hybrid for its power/performance and efficiency, but I think Infiniti could do more to smooth the transitions when these complicated systems engage.

Orrin

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have a the hybrid. Things are a bit hard to modulate when the car is cold and you just start it.
I think some of that might have to do with the fast idle for the engine being on until it warms up combined with the brakes being grabby like was mentioned here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree
Brakes are hard to modulate when the car is cold. When it warms up I have no issue coming to a smooth stop. What does "bug" me is when I am running / coasting smoothly, sometimes what seems like the regenerative braking system comes alive and the car jerks and slows down abruptly. Not a very elegant solution for charging the battery if that is what it is trying to do. I have driven Toyota hybrids and never noticed that type of behavior. They are just a lot smoother.

I still really like this car, and especially the Hybrid for its power/performance and efficiency, but I think Infiniti could do more to smooth the transitions when these complicated systems engage.

Orrin
I have a non-hybrid model but I agree with your last sentence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any solutions without replacing hardware for this? I scheduled to bring the Q in for service to do there testing, I just think they’ll say there is no issue. I also will test drive another Q to see if it feels the same.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Any solutions without replacing hardware for this? I scheduled to bring the Q in for service to do there testing, I just think they’ll say there is no issue. I also will test drive another Q to see if it feels the same.

Thanks in advance.
I was going to suggest trying after market pads, but at least when I look on Hawk Perfomance they don't show the Q50 yet.

If you look at the G37 Journey on their web site they have 21 different pads for it.
I'm sure out of those 21, some have less bite than others.
And you can find a lot of review for hawk pads for G's to get opinions about the bite and stopping power.

Pads though shouldn't change the pedal position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.