Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you see this?
im having the exact same problem because the video looked at s from a 2018 Infiniti Q50s redsport and wiring is different on my 2016 infinti Q50S redsport and in the video they didn't stop long enough for you to see the colors they connected to. I woud like to know if any one found a solution

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
im having the exact same problem because the video looked at s from a 2018 Infiniti Q50s redsport and wiring is different on my 2016 infinti Q50S redsport and in the video they didn't stop long enough for you to see the colors they connected to. I woud like to know if any one found a solution
One thing I noticed at 8:15 into the video, he mistakenly said the black and red wires are for the DRL and the blue wire is for the puddle light. Th black and red wires are the negative and positive leads for the puddle light and the blue wire is the positive lead for the DRL. The DRL negative lead is shared with the turn signal light and is already plugged into the signal light connector in the mirror assembly.

In the video, the blue DRL wire is tapped into the purple wire (terminal #5 Violet). Terminal #5 is what is important if its wire is not purple. Tap into terminal #5. Keep in mind the connector is upside down in the video. Refer to the diagram below:

This diagram is from the 2016 service manual and I would expect your wire color to be the same, however it's the terminal position that is important for a proper connection. My 2018 front power window motor connector has the same wire colors as 2016.

As far as the puddle light goes, if you look at the video while he's mucking around with the power window wiring connections, you will see directly below where he's working, two wires heading down to the courtesy light. One wire is red (power) and the other is yellow (ground). I didn't want to bunch up three Posi-Taps on the power window connector, so I connected the black puddle light wire to the yellow ground wire and the red puddle light wire to red wire.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Finally hooked the (Black/White wires) puddle lights into the courtesy lights and everything works. I would recommend this modification. Next is LED emblem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The problem is the service manual and EWD (electronic wiring diagram) are two completely separate pieces of literature. The service manual should have simplified wiring diagrams for that specific circuit and will direct you what to check in that circuit for whatever issue or concern you're looking at but the EWD is where its gonna contain all your in-depth information like pin and terminal layouts, wire colors, more in-depth circuit diagrams as well as the entire circuit schematic rather than just the specific fault circuit theyre wanting you to check.

There should be an accessory harness pigtail you can buy for each right and left side body harness that plug into a premade existing connector right there at the corner kickpanels. This supplies all the accessory circuits you would need for whatever accessories you install. What sort of circuit you looking for, just power and ground?

71KUdFcz0nL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hmm. The Q50 service manual I have has wiring diagrams, connector types, wire colors and pinouts as well as testing procedures.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmm. The Q50 service manual I have has wiring diagrams, connector types, wire colors and pinouts as well as testing procedures.
To some degree, and realistically there should be enough of the information in the service manual that will get 99% of the people by. Trust me if you got a hold of the EWD you'd see the difference.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
No doubt. Where can I get one?

·
Registered
42 Posts
No doubt. Where can I get one?
That I couldn't answer for you. Tbh I don't think there's a way you could. I'm not gonna say I work for Nissan or Infiniti, I definitely don't have my own access, and that's definitely how I don't know these things. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: "Proprietary information." If you PM specific questions though I'm sure i can help a little more.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
That I couldn't answer for you. Tbh I don't think there's a way you could. I'm not gonna say I work for Nissan or Infiniti, I definitely don't have my own access, and that's definitely how I don't know these things. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: "Proprietary information." If you PM specific questions though I'm sure i can help a little more.
Copy that.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,466 Posts
I was real hot on getting sequential turn signals till I found no place within 200 miles that would do it.

More time and work for me than I'm able or willing to undertake. They do look fantastic.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I was real hot on getting sequential turn signals till I found no place within 200 miles that would do it.

More time and work for me than I'm able or willing to undertake. They do look fantastic.
If I can do it, it isn't that complicated. I'm glad I changed them. They do look cool.

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,688 Posts
Hmmm, I am the minority? Not interested.

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
You guys are really tempting me to add these! Lol
You already have the lighted emblem so these will compliment it. They are somewhat a safety item due to the bright puddle lights and Daytime Running Lights DRL that light up dark areas when parked. They have a cool Knight Rider (Circa 80s for the kids) blinking sequence when turning on and off like they are communicating with you.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I'm surprised. You have a lot of other cool bits.
The signal lights would just be more stuff sitting in boxes in his garage like the rest of the mods he bought.

I think they are an improvement to the stock turn signals and worth the money. I recommend them but they are somewhat of a pain to install unless you just want to go with the sequential turn signals only and don't want to bother with the DRLs or puddle lights. Then it's a quick 15 minute job where you only have to pop the mirror cover off and swap the lights. No taking the door panel and mirror assembly off to snake the wires for the DRLs and puddle lights into the door for termination.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm seeing a fairly wide price range for these on eBay, from 89.99 all the way to 189.99. How is one to suppose to tell the difference between V1 and V2, or are they all the same? Looking to purchase the smoked lense option.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts