Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
The signal lights would just be more stuff sitting in boxes in his garage like the rest of the mods he bought.
Nooooo.... He would never..

I think they are an improvement to the stock turn signals and worth the money. I recommend them but they are somewhat of a pain to install unless you just want to go with the sequential turn signals only and don't want to bother with the DRLs or puddle lights. Then it's a quick 15 minute job where you only have to pop the mirror cover off and swap the lights. No taking the door panel and mirror assembly off to snake the wires for the DRLs and puddle lights into the door for termination.
Seems easy enough. Did we figure out how to tell the version yet?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,663 Posts
I'm surprised. You have a lot of other cool bits.
I love the word "bits", lol. Yeah, I don't know..... They just don't do it for me. Great mod for others of course. For me though 1.) The sequential blinker seems like it belongs on another car (eg, Mustang), and 2.) I feel like if you "sequential" (verb) your mirror blinker lights, you need to do the same to your nose and tail blinkers as well, for consistency. The additional puddle light is cool.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I love the word "bits", lol. Yeah, I don't know..... They just don't do it for me. Great mod for others of course. For me though 1.) The sequential blinker seems like it belongs on another car (eg, Mustang), and 2.) I feel like if you "sequential" (verb) your mirror blinker lights, you need to do the same to your nose and tail blinkers as well, for consistency. The additional puddle light is cool.
I can see your point. (y)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm seeing a fairly wide price range for these on eBay, from 89.99 all the way to 189.99. How is one to suppose to tell the difference between V1 and V2, or are they all the same? Looking to purchase the smoked lense option.
If the seller shows a video of it, you can tell. V2 has a meteor shower effect if you wire it all up and open the door handle. Goes from yell then changes to the white drl if that makes sense lol

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The meteor shower effect you are referring to, is that the effect when the door is opened, that the yellow LEDs fill in sequentially from the inside to the outside one time and then all the LEDs turn to DRL white? If that's the meteor shower effect then I guess I have version 2.

These are the lights I bought:

·
Registered
49 Posts
The meteor shower effect you are referring to, is that the effect when the door is opened, that the yellow LEDs fill in sequentially from the inside to the outside one time and then all the LEDs turn to DRL white? If that's the meteor shower effect then I guess I have version 2.

These are the lights I bought:

Do you know if the meteor shower effect still occurs if you don’t connect the DRL and puddle light wiring? I’m not interested in removing my door panels and only want the sequential turn signals.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Do you know if the meteor shower effect still occurs if you don’t connect the DRL and puddle light wiring? I’m not interested in removing my door panels and only want the sequential turn signals.
I don't know for sure as I never tried it. If I had to guess, I'd say no. The meteor shower effect is triggered by the door switch, not the turn signal stalk, so with no DRL positive lead connected, I don't think the effect will display. It isn't that big of a deal anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know for sure as I never tried it. If I had to guess, I'd say no. The meteor shower effect is triggered by the door switch, not the turn signal stalk, so with no DRL positive lead connected, I don't think the effect will display. It isn't that big of a deal anyway.
Thanks, that makes sense. I’m adding this to my Father’s Day list!

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks, that makes sense. I’m adding this to my Father’s Day list!
The DRLs and puddle lights are nice but pulling the door panels and disconnecting the mirror assembly from the door to snake the wires into the door isn't difficult but it is tedious. I almost stopped at the turn signals but I'm glad I connected the DRLs and puddle lights.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,663 Posts
Guys, don't forget to use smile.amazon. It costs you no extra money but you can direct a portion of every purchase to a charity that you pick (from their list).

It's a small amount per person but you can see it adds up to millions overall. :)

81 - 91 of 91 Posts